Contribute
Register

Mac mini duo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks a great first build mate and hope it works as well as it looks :)

kajaba I for one would like to see more detail of your project. Did you have any issue using an Ivy Bridge processor on a second generation motherboard?

I like what you have done here and I am impressed that you were able to get all of that tech into this chassis. How hot/cool does it run?

Good modding
neil
Thank you neilhart :) Well, no issues so far. I got my CPU states right (except the turbo 3.9 one I think - or I haven't tried some serious CPU computing).

The temperature in idle state is 39-40C. I think with one vent is a good result.
Maybe I would replace the disk for something less noisy.

Looks really great! :)

This is a really great idea for a case :thumbup:

Just wondering if you could spill a bit more info on your discrete GPU solution? You say it's a GTX630 - which I'm assuming is running via the PCIe x4 slot. Just wondering what the performance is like, compared to running it off a PCIe x16? Have you done any benchmarks?

No no, its gain ward nvidia GT630 (http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=906&lang=en)
As you can see its passive PCI-express 2.0 x8. DH61AG MotherBoard has x4 so I use x4 cable from MB to GPU and the GPU end of the cable is freed to fit first half of the x8 slot :D Crazy but it works.... In nova bench benchmark, the GPU test scored 272 frames/second. Im playing games like trine, witched 2 (not very high specs), left for dead without a problem...

Mac mini duo - More Pic Please

This is a great build. Do you think you could provide some pictures of how you built it or maybe a tear down. Also, can you take some pictures of the back. I would love to build one as well.

This is a great build. Do you think you could provide some pictures of how you built it or maybe a tear down. Also, can you take some pictures of the back. I would love to build one as well.

+1

Great work and I would really love to see more details on how it was built... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back