Contribute
Register

Mac mini duo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently I am upgrading my GT630 to Gainward GTX750 with passive cooling. Because this GPU is little bit huge, I plan to add a middle wooden part between these two mac minis. Will update you with the progress :)

Sounds good. Would be nice to see the build process and the back of the case too so we can see how it all fits together.

I have a couple of empty Mac Mini cases here (plus my NUC build in a third!) so I am starting to think about what to do with them. One of them has the optical drive slot so I am thinking about making a media server perhaps and retiring my NUC.

I second Neilhart's post would be great if we could get a more detailed guide on your amazing mod.
Thanks for sharing!

So, later I bought a new GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 750 silentFX. But that GPU is a lot bigger than my previous. So I need a new case :)

I decided to put between those mac minis I have now a wooden middle part, made from oak.

My parts are here:
IMG_1677.jpgIMG_1678.jpg

In one mini case comes the GPU:
IMG_1679.jpgIMG_1680.jpg

On top of that comes the wooden block with another mini, that holds Motherboard and all the other stuff:
IMG_1682.jpg

I need this orientation of MB and GPU, because of short PCIexpress cable. It has to be really short.

Here is the MB without mac mini cases:
IMG_1684.jpg

Dont worry. I keep you updated this time :)

Hello, I managed to build my first hackintosh that looks as close to mac mini as it is possible.From a friend I had an mac mini aluminum case with scratched top. So I cut the top part of the case and used another mac mini case bought from china :)

First, great job! I love the look of the stacked mini's!

Second, did you source the second case from eBay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back