- Feb 21, 2016
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Intel Core i7-4790K Processor
EVGA GeForce GT 740 4GB GDDR5 Dual DVI mHDMI Graphics Cards http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KJGYOGG/
Gigabyte LGA 1150 Intel Z97N-WiFi-Bluetooth
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Corsair CS 550 Watt
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Case
AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352
Anker Ultra Compact Slim Profile Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
Dell UltraSharp U2414H 24-Inch Screen LED Monitor
So I've decided to build my first hackintosh with Intel i7-4970K for my Cad software. I needed to build something with fast processor. The idea is to have two operation systems - Mac next to Windows 10 so I can use both Cad software together. Rhino Cad doesn't run on Mac so I really needed Windows 10 . The results are amazing with little exceptions. so here is my installation process:
The Installation for me was pretty easy. The only thing that was confusing is choosing the right version of Mac. For this system it was iMac 13,2.
First you''ll need to use any old Mac that you can download El Capitan from the App store
Follow TonyMac Steps 1 and 2
STEP 1: Download OS X El Capitan
STEP 2: Create a Bootable USB Drive with UniBeast
STEP 3: Download and add these files to your USB Driver as a different folder
(I named it Hackintosh Files )
• MultiBeast - El Capitan 8.1.0
• Nvidia Web Driver Updates ( Download the one according to your Mac Version)
• Only if using the suggested wireless card above:
◦ Wireless: RehabMan-FakePCIID (get the latest version listed)
◦ Bluetooth: RehabMan-BcrmPatchRAM (get the latest version listed)
STEP 4 : Configure BIOS Settings
1. Insert the Bootable USB driver to USB 2.0.
2. Turn on your system
3. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
4. Set to Optimized Defaults.
5. (Optional) Set X.M.P. Memory Profile to Profile1
6. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
7. Choose the USB driver to boot from.
8. Save and exit.
STEP 5: Install OS X El Capitan according to TonyMac
STEP 6 : Copy all the files in STEP 3 (The Hackintosh Files & Drivers files) to your new Hackintosh desktop.
STEP 7 : Run MultiBeast 8.1.0 and use the current MultiBeast configuration in the photo below.
STEP 8 : If using the suggested wireless card above (AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352 Look for photo below ) , also extract four more kexts:
• Unzip RehabMan-FakePCIID.zip and copy FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext from the Release/ directory to the Desktop • Unzip RehabMan-BrcmPatchRam.zip and copy BcrmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext from the Release/ directory to the Desktop • Unzip the KextBeast application you copied from the USB folder earlier. Copy it to the desktop and run it.
When it finishes, restart. Reboot
When it finishes, restart. Reboot
STEP 9: Run Nvidia Web Driver. Reboot.
Here you go! Your Hackintosh should be working fine in El Capitan. Enjoy it.
For me, many features in El Capitan worked very good. The speed is amazing for this system.
Here is a list what is working and was is not,
What is Working :
• Wifi .
• Bluetooth. ( I connected Anker Bluetooth Keyboard and it’s working perfect)
• Audio ( I used a Bluetooth speakers)
• Video is working great
• USB3 and USB2
• Ethernet networking
• Power saving
• Sleep monitor and computer.
• App Store.
What is not Working :
• Can’t run iCloud, iMassages ( I don’t need it for now since I’m using my iPhone for massages and Time Machine for Backup).
755 KB Views: 182