Contribute
Register

Mac mini / Cube tribute

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never used a pico. But if you go with the dual, I have used one of these to sync (turn on) two power supplies at once. It just links the 'on' pins to both PSUs. Based on that, you could probably just hotwire (solder) them together on your own.

@phunguss Thanks for that. That's what I had in mind when I asked for dual PSU, but the last pics I posted would prevent the need of 2 Pcio PSU. 400W would be plenty for whatever I could fit in that case, if this works.

After some digging and reading, I found out that the small 400W unit I posted about is only a passthrough so i'm not going to use that, the more I read, the more I think I'm going to go with the Picobox X300. With the right graphics card I am at 282W so it should be enough.

My question is this, do I need a power brick that can run 300W for a picobox like that? And if yes, other than dell, who would you recommend?

Hi @Charlee78, any updates on your project?. Any thoughts on the motherboard, have you looked at any others?.

The project is currently on hold because I am saving money to build a Prusa clone. But rest assured I will print it as soon as I lay my hands on a mini itx board to make sure I don't need to adjust the design before going in to production.

Little update after a couple of weeks. i have found a motherboard and graphics card design that I could use on my build before I print it and here is the result.
1616728192908.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back