Intel Core i5-9600K
Graphics
Integrated
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. SE
*RESOLVED Mac Mini almost there, but freezing

Recently I ordered the recommended parts off the 2014 December buyer's guide to build a Mac Mini. Right now it's about 99%. It boots, sleeps, wakes, plays audio/video, and is generally great... Except it freezes a lot. There doesn't seem to be a particular task that causes it. It even crashes in safe mode.

Here are my specs:
Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi

Core i3-4360

Thermaltake Slim X3 Low Profile (Air)

Crucial Ballistix Sport (16GB)

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB

Apex MI-008 (w/ 250W Power Supply)

TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter

And here are my MultiBeast settings
Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 3.45.53 PM.png
Is there a way to find the code of what the system was doing right before it crashed? Like a post Verbose mode? Might be helpful.

Thank you for your time.

Is there a way to find the code of what the system was doing right before it crashed? Like a post Verbose mode? Might be helpful.

Thank you for your time.

Have a look for an App called Console. It will give you reports to have a look at that might give clues or might point directly to the issue that caused the crash/Freeze.

Thanks for the reply, I looked inside console and then searched the forums with he codes I was seeing in there. Eventually came across some great info:

remove the GenericUSBXHCI.kext from System/Library/Extensions. Don't replace it with anything.

Run Kext Utility.

Quit and reboot.

Badabing Badaboom!

No crashes for quite some time now (although I'm sure I'm jinxing myself by saying that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back