Contribute
Register

Mac Installation works, but slow Graphics and no Audio - any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GDDR5 Pcie Video Graphics Card, 4GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

I built a PC with two hard drives (one for Windows and one for Mac). Windows works great (predictably), but the Hackintosh part appears to have issues with Graphics and Audio.

The OS will not boot unless i use the flag "nv_disable=1" (and needed to use this to get through the installer as well). Additionally, the audio does not work. I have tried using MultiBeast and installed the graphics driver and the audio driver (whichever one my roommate suggested I try). When I get into the OS, the graphics are (obviously) slow and sluggish.

I'm not sure if there is anything I can do to improve this, but I was under the impression that all of my parts were compatible with Mac. Below are my specs.

Mobo: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GDDR5 Pcie Video Graphics Card, 4GB
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated! And if there's any information I left out that is needed to diagnose this, I can definitely provide that info. Thanks!

Update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website), So that we can avoid scroll back to your fist post for identifying the hardware details.

System : Motherboard + BIOS Version + Bootloader (Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-Z97X-UD5H (F9F) (CLOVER)
CPU : Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics : Intel HD 4600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

I built a PC with two hard drives (one for Windows and one for Mac). Windows works great (predictably), but the Hackintosh part appears to have issues with Graphics and Audio.

You have to install proper version of NVIDIA Web Driver for your graphics card. Then boot with nvda_drv=1

For Audio : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

Thanks! That all worked!

I have one issue left -- I can only boot from the USB.

If I boot the computer with the USB plugged in, it sometimes doesn't work and just goes straight to the BIOS...and other times it works because it goes to the boot screen where I can choose to boot the USB or Mac installation (and I select Mac) and it's fine. If I unplug the USB, it always goes directly to the BIOS. What settings do I need to change to allow my computer to boot Mac directly from my SSD? I've seen other forum posts about this, but don't know which is relevant to me.

Thanks a bunch! :)

Thanks! That all worked!

I have one issue left -- I can only boot from the USB.

If I boot the computer with the USB plugged in, it sometimes doesn't work and just goes straight to the BIOS...and other times it works because it goes to the boot screen where I can choose to boot the USB or Mac installation (and I select Mac) and it's fine. If I unplug the USB, it always goes directly to the BIOS. What settings do I need to change to allow my computer to boot Mac directly from my SSD? I've seen other forum posts about this, but don't know which is relevant to me.

Thanks a bunch! :)

After installation Yosemite have you ran Multibeast with proper selections??

I did run Multibeast. I installed correct audio driver from it, and I also tried installing Chimera v4.1.0 (only option under Bootloaders). Should the latter give me an application I need to run? Not sure what I could have missed in Multibeast...I used Multibeast 7.3.

I didn't install anything from System, Misc, or Disk...should I?

Also here is my plist file if this helps:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Just tried installing the evoreboot and FakeSMC stuff. Still no dice. Again, sometimes it boots, sometimes it doesn't, but only with a USB present.

Just tried installing the evoreboot and FakeSMC stuff. Still no dice. Again, sometimes it boots, sometimes it doesn't, but only with a USB present.

Which motherboard you have??

FakeSMC.kext is mandatory.

Remove USB and all other HDDs/SSDs other than the OS X one.

Connect the HDD to first 3Gbps SATA Port (Lowest numbered)

Then try to boot from HDD.

Post the result with explanation of what is happening while trying to boot from HDD.

I have the Z97 Asus Sabertooth Mobo (Mark 1). I plugged the SDD into the 1st Sata Port, I believe (on the BIOS, it says P1 (of P6) next to the drive, so I assume it's the lowest SATA port. I also have an optical drive connected to SATA port 6 (labeled next to "P6" on the BIOS)

When I booted:
I started the comp, and a horizontal cursor comes up, flashes a couple of times, then goes away.
Then a few second later, it does it again. Then another few second later, it goes to BIOS.

When I have USB drive in:
Sometimes it does the above and takes me to BIOS. Other times, horizontal cursor comes up, flashes a couple of times, goes away. But then a few seconds later, the cursor spins and says "Boot done" (comes in really fast so hard to tell if that's the message) and takes me to a screen where I can select to boot from USB or Mac. When I select Mac, everything boots fine.

I assume the first cursor link is the optical drive? Either way, I don't think it would interfere...I'll try it again without it plugged in, but let me know if there's anything else I can do. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back