Contribute
Register

Mac G5 Conversion - Noob attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well over the past few days I've had a rather large problem occur, my dremel, 3 months old, decided to die on me as I was cutting out a few final pieces on the back plate. No worries though, on Monday 16th, I'm heading over to Argos to get it replaced as it's still in warranty. To make it worse, the piece I cut, was way oversized, resulting in an inch gap between the latch and pci slots on the back panel...

Check back next week everyone...

GOOD NEWS! Despite not having a receipt, Argos were more than happy to replace my Dremel, and after unboxing the new one, I've come to the conclusion that the previous one was a duff. The new one has the serial number printed in bold across it and everything came Dremel branded, the previous one only had the word Dremel across the case...

The casemod will resume throughout this week :) Enjoy all...

Today I'm neatening up the rear panel and attempting to cut out a hole in the original mid shelf, I scrapped the PVC one, it looked ugly...:
IMG-20140618-00297.jpg
As you might be able to see, I've cut the first line down the left.

Also, heres some pictures of my improvised motherboard tray:

IMG-20140616-00288.jpgIMG-20140616-00289.jpg

Check back soon guys and gals

Okay guys, all cut now. Its slightly too big, but I expected that. Luckily it won't be noticeable.

Here's the mid shelf and fan arrangement, it's gonna be epoxied down soon...
IMG-20140618-00298.jpgIMG-20140618-00299.jpgIMG-20140618-00300.jpg
The shelf itself will be epoxied onto L brackets which will also be epoxied into the case, I'm yet to come up with a solution for the back part of it...

Hi again all, today I got round to neatening up some wiring and mounting the fan mount...

IMG-20140619-00306.jpgIMG-20140619-00308.jpg So thats kinda what it looks like, I might replace the 2 fans with standard one as I have elsewhere.

IMG-20140619-00309.jpgIMG-20140619-00310.jpgThe speaker cable now has a connector so I can unplug it inside when the PC has to be moved. The CPU fan has been cable tied into place until I can get the bigger fan to fit.

Check back soon guys

Its been about a month since my previous post, I've been pretty busy with school recently. I'm yet to pull out the case again and sort some cooling, decided against the original fans, in place for some 120mm from the original idea...

Once again the entire project is on hold, until September this time. Basically I'm gonna buy a custom tray and back plate from Kustom PC's (http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_2012.html) The height of the hole in my case is 320x170mm, and the one on Kustom PC's 340x182mm so that gives plenty of leeway.

Check back early September :) Thank you

Hi anyone who's still reading this. At the end of September I shall be ordering a few new things for the Hackintosh Case and Machine itself.

- Intel 1150 i3-4330
- Noctua NH-D14 Fan
-
Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
-
Asus DVD-RW Drive
-
TP-Link TL-WDN4800

Then I shall order a new front panel (around £30 in the UK) and a front panel cable from Kustom PC's (http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_20020.html)

I shall also order the MB Tray/Plate combo from Kustom PC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back