Contribute
Register

Mac Box Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see such a build in a Pelican case. They have really nice handles (heck, some have wheels), would likely look better than the boxes in thread and they'd be basically built like tanks. Also you can latch them closed nicely and even padlock them for location work.

That is one awesome plan right there.....the strength and build quality of a Pelican, would defuse my concerns over the longevity of something like this.

Also, throw in portability, and it's a winner. This could be my next project....

Thanks to the OP for making this, and showing us

:)

Having gone through a month of agony building/rebuilding systems allow me one suggestion. Don't work in tight spaces. There are few things more painful than trial-and-error building a machine in say a mini-tower case, where the motherboard is mounted beneath a drive cage that's riveted to the rest of the monstrosity. Don't do it. For some reason it always seems feasible, and it is, except that you cut yourself, curse a million different ways, lose your mind and usually damage parts in the process. The legendary 1950s Chevies were a joy to work on because there was so much room under the hood. Just pick an enclosure where you can reach and move everything around as desired. Just THAT turns a hack build into a fun adventure.

After a lot of ship-in-a-bottle misery, I found an AeroCool "Dead Silence" 20 inch (516mm) tall case that's very roomy, made of strong metal, very well laid out and sound-proofed.

I wonder if anyone here is ready for these. Yes that's an AeroCool PC enclosure.

StrikeXcase1.jpg

Ya the case your way you don't like the look of the box spray paint it want a window Go to the Hardware store or just go take a window out of your house or steal your friends window :p (I am not responsible for your actions this is just a recommendation) then get a few bolts and nuts and washers and then drill holes and ask your Hard ware store how can you want holes in the glass then install it :p

I only got my case because i was too lazy and don't know how can i support my Gigabyte Windforce R9 280x because that card is super heavy

guru2468, fdgroote, shokka9, ferandR and LiteGaming your posts are off topic and not appropriate for the Completed Mods section of the forum.

I encourage you to start the discussion in the Workshop > Case Mods > Others forum section as there many with opinions yea and nay on case construction.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back