Contribute
Register

MAC APP STORE ERROR - MLB and ROM keep resetting after restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI X99A GODlike Gaming LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99
CPU
i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3 GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GD5T OC 6GB 384-Bit GDDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been trying to get my MAS to work the last 10 days and have tried all of the steps listed in this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

But i keep inserting my MLB, ROM and S/N as per the guide in Clover Configurator and then save if back to the CLOVER on the main EFI partition that I boot up from - but then after i reboot the computer then it just goes back to the previous configuration.

not sure how to fix this, but every time i run the imessage debug (v2) it keeps saying that my MLB & ROM have "failed".

Imessage.png

I am not sure what I am missing, but if I am saving the config.plist and replacing the one on my EFI/CLOVER folder. I have done it by copying the correct config.plist to my desktop and then replacing over the one that is in the CLOVER folder.

I am not sure if I need to reset the NVRAM as per the iMessage guide - but there is no /Extra folder on a Clover install - and pretty sure that Clover doesn't need the NVRAM reset (but I am not totally sure about this).

I do not really care about iMessage - but mainly just trying to get the MAC APP STORE to work so that I can download previously purchased Apps. I have checked my account and everything is clean. I made sure that my S/N is blacklisted.

Here is the error that I get whenever I try to download something from MAS:

An unexpected error occurred while signing in.

Your device or computer could not be verified.
Contact support for assistance.

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. I am still researching this, but if someone else has had this problem, please advise how i can resolve this so that my config.plist stays updated with my correct MLB, ROM and S/N.
\

You shouldn't need all that for just the app store -- I think the main thing is your en0 network device needs to have a working driver. If not, there's a way to delete a plist or something to get a different device to become en0. Not sure of the details but you can search for that I would expect.

Now, all that said, it sounds like you're not saving the config.plist in the correct location. The config.plist doesn't just rewrite itself on reboot.

Are you booting off a USB drive? If not, can you examine your BIOS boot priority list and figure out which drive it's booting to and whether it's using UEFI or Legacy?

You shouldn't need all that for just the app store -- I think the main thing is your en0 network device needs to have a working driver. If not, there's a way to delete a plist or something to get a different device to become en0. Not sure of the details but you can search for that I would expect.

Now, all that said, it sounds like you're not saving the config.plist in the correct location. The config.plist doesn't just rewrite itself on reboot.

Are you booting off a USB drive? If not, can you examine your BIOS boot priority list and figure out which drive it's booting to and whether it's using UEFI or Legacy?

Thanks so much Ammulder!

It turns out I was mounting the wrong EFI partition because I was only mounting /EFI on /disk0s2 and my computer was booting from /EFI on /disk1s2 and then i was selecting the /disk0s2 from the clover screen.

But now I have put the new config.plist on the right EFI partition, but I cannot get the computer to boot up properly. Right now I am writing this from the hackintosh with El Capitan on it (but the only way i can get in is by my teamviewer screen share program). View attachment config.plist

also the main drive that I am booted up from (M.2)_ is showing up as an external hard drive: Screen Shot 2015-11-02 at 12.00.16 PM.png

I have been getting different kernel panics when i try to restart the computer, but then i let it reboot and retry the hard drive and seems like it is booting fine (althought I have no display at all -even if i take off the nvda_drv=1 boot flag and put in the nv_disable=1 boot flag).

I am booting up with the following boot flags:

-v -s nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 rootless=0 cpus=1 slide=0

And still can't get the display to work (it worked totally fine before I added in my MLB and ROM info). I am wondering if my SMBIOS is wrong and maybe I should select another version?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Still can't get to the MAC App Store. Any help would be appreciated.

My imessage.debug file and config.plist are attached.

Thanks!
View attachment iMessageDebug.txt
View attachment config.plist
View attachment config-backup.plist

My system shows up as iMAC14,2 - not sure if I should be selecting something else, but MAC Tracker really doesn't have a 6 core i7-5820k that i could find??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As a preliminary step I would go back to the same config.plist you were using before you added your MLB and ROM. At least that way you'll be able to see the desktop without using remote desktop.

Then I would strongly, strongly suggest that you make all edits to your config.plist through Clover Configurator and only Clover Configurator. (Don't use a text editor, even a nice one like TextWrangler, unless you like pain.) In my personal experience with editing config.plist directly, it has been far too easy to miss an invisible character or a malformatted tag, and any errors in formatting of config.plist will result in absolutely unpredictable boot behavior. Start from the config.plist that lets you see the desktop.

Once you get everything cleaned up and booting normally, do yourself a favor and remove Clover from the EFI partition of every device that you are not booting from. As ammulder suggested you will want to make sure that the volume that contains Clover is the first one in your boot order.

Thanks for your help. I was finally able to boot in using windows and then mount the EFI partition for my El Capitan drive and then remove the bad config.plist and replace it with the one that works fine.

The only problem is that I can not get my WiFi network adapter to show up as "BUILT IN".

I have tried every type of guide and have added the device with CLOVER configurator and added the string for my wifi card and it works fine but still will not show up as Built In.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here is a copy of my config.plist with the en0 string.

HELP!config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 288
It is not a requirement for your Wireless interface to be Built In but it is a must for the Ethernet interface to be en0 and Built In.

It is not a requirement for your Wireless interface to be Built In but it is a must for the Ethernet interface to be en0 and Built In.

Thank you for your reply - but when I plug in the Apple USB Ethernet adapter - it shows up as en0. But then when I try to figure out the string - it says that it is not a PCI device.

So the only PCI device I have is the wifi card that I added to the string of but it still will not show up as built in.

I have tried everything possible, but nothing I do will make it show up as built in.

Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 11.51.51 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-11-16 at 11.44.43 AM.pngView attachment en0.plistScreen Shot 2015-11-16 at 11.44.36 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back