Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Mac App Store: "An unknown error occurred"

I have Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and I want to upgrade to Mountain Lion but I can't log in the Mac App Store. It only says "An unknown error occurred", it doesn't say any number like "An unknown error occurred (100)" and I can log in the iTunes Store without any problem.

I have tried a lot of things except PCIRootUID=1 because my computer freezes on the apple logo. Help me please!

NOTE: I have a wifi adapter which is detected as an Airport Card. I don't use Ethernet.

I have Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and I want to upgrade to Mountain Lion but I can't log in the Mac App Store. It only says "An unknown error occurred", it doesn't say any number like "An unknown error occurred (100)" and I can log in the iTunes Store without any problem.

I have tried a lot of things except PCIRootUID=1 because my computer freezes on the apple logo. Help me please!

NOTE: I have a wifi adapter which is detected as an Airport Card. I don't use Ethernet.

MilanoAzul

First see if your Apple ID works - can this be confirmed on another Mac /hack - you should be able to log into the App store. iTunes is differnet than the App store.

Also Have you tried to connect to the Internet via the hard line port on the motherboard and not use the wireless connection - its reported that some hacks have issues w wifi connections but it works w hard line or cable connected to the router.

Just for Grins - would you please check the option "software update" and allow that to run and report back as to what it says it thinks you need - do not install anything just report.

Also you may want to boot up from the Chimea Boot loader using some startup switchs - I suggest -v and -f so
when you boot to the loader w the TonyMac Icon press the space bar to halt the load and type the following
-v -f

Also we dont have the hardware list for your hack - so if have a sandy bridge cpu then use the PCIroot option, and you should have run update helper

Something usefull about command line switchs one needs to know !
http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/05/bootloader-acpi-flags-while-darwin-bootloader/
This is from 2008 some of these have changed but it still a good read,
http://news.metaparadigma.de/osx86-flags-and-parameters-for-darwin-bootloader-104/

Also did you follow these steps when you installed OSX10.6
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to due a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.

------------------------------------------------------------

Also some info here - most of it is mountain lion based but you may find a solution/
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/64547-icloud-app-store-facetime-messages-unable-authenticate.html

Hi there,

I'm having the exact same problem. How did you solve yours?

Alex

Hi there,

I'm having the exact same problem. How did you solve yours?

Alex

xelus

One thing I had to do was to assign a Serial Number to the Hack

I used a program called Chameleon Wizard from our Software Downloads - Community sectoin

the program will generate a serial number for you - set the smbios to 3.1 default for MultiBeast.
safe it and reboot this worked for me

If your not familiar with Chameleon Wizard do a Google search for some instruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back