Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and I want to upgrade to Mountain Lion but I can't log in the Mac App Store. It only says "An unknown error occurred", it doesn't say any number like "An unknown error occurred (100)" and I can log in the iTunes Store without any problem.

I have tried a lot of things except PCIRootUID=1 because my computer freezes on the apple logo. Help me please!

NOTE: I have a wifi adapter which is detected as an Airport Card. I don't use Ethernet.

I also have this error?
8/13/12 3:09:49 PM [0x0-0x1f01f].com.apple.appstore[210] This isn't a bitmap context. Forcing destination format to ARGB_8 for CGContext.
8/13/12 3:10:43 PM [0x0-0x1f01f].com.apple.appstore[210] Mon Aug 13 15:10:43 xxxxxxx-Mac-Pro.local App Store[210] <Error>: CGBitmapContextGetBitsPerComponent: invalid context 0x1003659c0
8/13/12 3:10:43 PM [0x0-0x1f01f].com.apple.appstore[210] This isn't a bitmap context. Forcing destination format to ARGB_8 for CGContext.
8/13/12 3:11:21 PM com.apple.WindowServer[73] Mon Aug 13 15:11:21 xxxxxxx-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[73] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

I have tried several fixes, but none work. I am able to sign on to the App Store from other Apple devices e.g. Mac Pro and down load successfully. Is there a fix that will work with configuration?

Thanks

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (F12), Intel i5-2500K, AMD Radeon HD 6850, 4GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Snow Leopard 10.6.8

You need to get your ethernet working regardless of whether you use it or not. Check system preferences and delete the ethernet if it is there. Try re-adding it with the '+' button and if it doesn't show up then it isn't configured correctly. I don't fully understand why the app store requires this, but it does.

Mac App Store: "An unknown error occurred"

1º-> Ethernet deleted in System Preferences/Network by clicking on "–". Apply. Re-added with "+". Apply. Check Mac App Store... "An unknown error occurred"

2º-> Ethernet deleted in System Preferences/Network by clicking on "–". Apply. Reboot. Re-added with "+". Apply. Check Mac App Store... "An unknown error occurred"

3º-> Ethernet deleted in System Preferences/Network by clicking on "–". Apply. Reboot. Re-added with "+". Apply. Reboot. Check Mac App Store... "An unknown error occurred"

4º-> Delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and preferences.plist from Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. Check System Preferences/Network, there is no ethernet, airport... I can't add anything with "+". Reboot. Airport, Ethernet, FireWire... are re-added automatically. Check Mac App Store... "An unknown error occurred"

5º-> Delete Airport, Ethernet... with "–". Apply. Delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and preferences.plist from Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. Check System Preferences/Network, there is no ethernet, airport... I can't add anything with "+". Reboot. Airport, Ethernet, FireWire... are re-added automatically. Check Mac App Store... "An unknown error occurred"

6º-> Write this post.

7º-> Smash my head against keyboard... hnt byyv fbdgm*§„¶™

Any other idea?

Strange, this is what makes it work for me. Though I am using ML. Do you have 2 ethernet ports on your mobo? What interfaces are selectable when you hit the '+' button?

My motherboard is the GA-Z68XP-UD3 and it has 1xPS/2, 8xUSB 2.0, 2xUSB 3.0, 1xHDMI, 1xS/PDIF Out, 1xIEEE 1394 (FireWire), 1xRJ-45 (Ethernet) and 6xaudio jacks.
When I hit "+" I can select 7 interfaces: Airport, FireWire, Ethernet Adapter (en1), Built-in Serial Port (1), VPN, PPPoE and 6 a 4.

This is my first post here... but I'm actually having this same problem running Lion 10.7.3 on a Gigabyte Mobo. I only have 1 ethernet port and it shows up as en0. I havent used multibeast, or installed any additional kexts, which obviously must be the reason why this is happening. When I try to login to the app store after clicking install app, instead of starting the download it says in red lettering "An unknown error has occurred" I know that the password is correct because if I type the wrong password it yells at me for it. I'm interested to see what you guys do to get around this issue. My app store will work with this same OS in a virtual machine on windows on this same computer, but not on this standalone OS install. So this has to be Kext related somehow...

I had the very same problem under Mountain Lion (10.8): "An unknown error has occured" when attempting to login to the Mac App Store.
My Apple ID account was working fine in iTunes (I could login and download stuff), but I was unable to connect to Mac App Store, or iCloud. All these were working fine on another computer.

I had tried rebuilding network config and caches, playing with keychain & certificates, nothing worked.

I finally fixed it using EFI injection.

See post #8 on this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...re-facetime-messages-unable-authenticate.html

Good luck!

OMG! Thank you Bitstorm :D

I'm downloading Mountain Lion at the moment.

Move to the correct forum section. tonymacx86 forum index

Snow Leopard Desktop Guides -> Snow Leopard Desktop Support (forum sections)

----------------------------> Forum Rules
<--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back