Contribute
Register

Mac App Store access with NullEthernet.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan,

I'm experiencing a problem with NullEthernet. It used to work fine for me in ML, which I used to download Mavericks instal app, but after I updated to Mavericks, it doesn't seem to work anymore. I get the same error in MAS.

In Metwork preferences, I am able to see add an ethernet en0 network (it does say en0). It's just like it should be. I also have EthernetBuiltIn to yes and PCIRooutUID to 1.

However, NetworkInterfaces.plist still returns IOBuiltIn as false, and MAS throws the same error. (Yes, I did delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooted, but the error remains.)

I'm using a Samsung laptop with an i5 Arrandale, Intel HD Graphics working with QE CI, 4GB RAM. SMBIOS set to MacBookPro6,1 which also uses an Arrandale i5.

Could you help me out? Thanks! :) do tell me if you need any additional info!

Hi RehabMan,

I'm experiencing a problem with NullEthernet. It used to work fine for me in ML, which I used to download Mavericks instal app, but after I updated to Mavericks, it doesn't seem to work anymore. I get the same error in MAS.

In Metwork preferences, I am able to see add an ethernet en0 network (it does say en0). It's just like it should be. I also have EthernetBuiltIn to yes and PCIRooutUID to 1.

However, NetworkInterfaces.plist still returns IOBuiltIn as false, and MAS throws the same error. (Yes, I did delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooted, but the error remains.)

I'm using a Samsung laptop with an i5 Arrandale, Intel HD Graphics working with QE CI, 4GB RAM. SMBIOS set to MacBookPro6,1 which also uses an Arrandale i5.

Could you help me out? Thanks! :) do tell me if you need any additional info!

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Hi RehabMan, my ioreg is attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    347.6 KB · Views: 131
Hmm, I have NullEthernet.kext lying right in S/L/E, not sure why it doesn't show up... And en0 was somehow auto connected to PDANet (an iPhone tethering application) that I use to connect to the internet since my wifi card is not supported. What would you suggest? Would en0 be okay being attached to that PDANet driver or must it be removed?

Hmm, I have NullEthernet.kext lying right in S/L/E, not sure why it doesn't show up... And en0 was somehow auto connected to PDANet (an iPhone tethering application) that I use to connect to the internet since my wifi card is not supported. What would you suggest? Would en0 be okay being attached to that PDANet driver or must it be removed?

NullEthernet.kext will not load on its own. IOKit has to load it provided reason (eg. a device that matches). There are several ways to do this (DSDT, SSDT, injector kext), all documented in the README.

NullEthernet.kext will not load on its own. IOKit has to load it provided reason (eg. a device that matches). There are several ways to do this (DSDT, SSDT, injector kext), all documented in the README.

Oh yes, I'll try the DSDT patch because I think it was replaced when I updated and troubleshooted my Mavericks update. Thanks for the help, I'll get back to you!

Alright, all's well with the SSDT patch. One question, after I successfully login once into MAS, do I need NullEthernet anymore to login in the future? Or must it stay there for as long as I need MAS?

Alright, all's well with the SSDT patch. One question, after I successfully login once into MAS, do I need NullEthernet anymore to login in the future? Or must it stay there for as long as I need MAS?

You need to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back