Contribute
Register

Mac App Store access with NullEthernet.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way would be to hack the entire laptop (eg. install hackintosh bootloader, fully configure it, etc.)... not a bad option really but a bit of a task. A bit easier task than a real hackintosh, since all your devices/native DSDT are supported and doing the right thing (what Apple expects). In that case, you'd be able to patch DSDT with RMNE device and have NullEthernet attach to the fake device.

If it is something you want to play around with, I was able to hack my real Apple MacBookAir6,2 in about 5 minutes.

I simply created a USB stick with Clover and created an appropriate config.plist for it (you need almost no options to make it boot). To my surprise my MacBookAir6,2 will show an option "EFI Boot" for the FAT32 volume containing the Clover bootloader. And further to my surprise, I was able to boot the installed system with no hacks at all. When I created the smbios for Clover, I used the same serial# as the machine had, but I changed the first two digits to 'G8' (indicating "Made in the US"!), as I didn't want something funny to happen with the official serial# (going from memory here... 'C0' indicating China?).

Of course, booting via Clover I would have been free to patch DSDT, including using something like NullEthernet.kext...

Will this work for a desktop with functioning ethernet? I'd go ahead and give it a try but I'm afraid it would disable my working ethernet.

I'm accessing the MAS via a wired ethernet connection.

gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r
Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx

If you have functioning Ethernet, then you don't need this kext.

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. I am very new to the world of hackintoshes and this site has guided me pretty well. I've already resolved a number of issues I've had from reading threads on this site. From wifi problems, to audio problems, how to modify bootflags etc... I am having a difficult time understanding how to apply this fix however. Help from someone who is capable of being patient with a newbie would be much appreciated :)

I'm receiving the following error:

"Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

As I do not have Ethernet or a PCIe wifi card I figured this solution may help me. I've already tried simple things such as modifying the boot.plist to include "BuiltInEthernet=Yes" to no avail. I think this solution may help me, but I may need someone to hold my hand through the process :lol:

First, I do not see a NullEthernet.kext in the unzipped folder. This is most likely a stupid observation. I know little about DSDT "patches" or SSDT stuff so the README is very confusing.

If someone could point me in the right direction and get me started with this, I would greatly appreciate it! It shouldn't be too painful for you, as I'm a fast learner.

System Specs:

Custom build:
Motherboard: Z87 Pro3 by ASRock
Video Card: Saphire AMD Radeon HD 7970
Processor: Intel i5 4670k
Memory: 8Gb Corsair Vengeance

Thanks a bunch guys!

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. I am very new to the world of hackintoshes and this site has guided me pretty well. I've already resolved a number of issues I've had from reading threads on this site. From wifi problems, to audio problems, how to modify bootflags etc... I am having a difficult time understanding how to apply this fix however. Help from someone who is capable of being patient with a newbie would be much appreciated :)

I'm receiving the following error:

"Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

As I do not have Ethernet or a PCIe wifi card I figured this solution may help me. I've already tried simple things such as modifying the boot.plist to include "BuiltInEthernet=Yes" to no avail. I think this solution may help me, but I may need someone to hold my hand through the process :lol:

First, I do not see a NullEthernet.kext in the unzipped folder. This is most likely a stupid observation. I know little about DSDT "patches" or SSDT stuff so the README is very confusing.

Make sure you read the README carefully. Download location for the pre-built binaries is provided in the README.

If someone could point me in the right direction and get me started with this, I would greatly appreciate it! It shouldn't be too painful for you, as I'm a fast learner.

System Specs:

Custom build:
Motherboard: Z87 Pro3 by ASRock
Video Card: Saphire AMD Radeon HD 7970
Processor: Intel i5 4670k
Memory: 8Gb Corsair Vengeance

According the ASRock your board has Intel Ethernet...

Make sure you read the README carefully. Download location for the pre-built binaries is provided in the README.
This forum really needs a facepalm emoticon... I guess this will have to do :oops:

According the ASRock your board has Intel Ethernet...
Is that what you meant by "working built-in ethernet" ? I assumed you meant that I needed to be actually making use of the ethernet to be able to use the Mac App Store. I am using a USB wifi adapter to connect to the internet right now so I assumed your method may apply to me :confused:

Should I follow your method considering that I guess I have "Intel Ethernet" ? Or should I try another option?

This forum really needs a facepalm emoticon... I guess this will have to do :oops:

Is that what you meant by "working built-in ethernet" ? I assumed you meant that I needed to be actually making use of the ethernet to be able to use the Mac App Store. I am using a USB wifi adapter to connect to the internet right now so I assumed your method may apply to me :confused:

Should I follow your method considering that I guess I have "Intel Ethernet" ? Or should I try another option?

"working built-in ethernet" means exactly that. A built-in Ethernet port (marked so with EthernetBuiltIn=Yes) with a driver attached (and probably MAC address collected) and BSD name 'en0'.

You don't have to use it, it just needs to be there.

"working built-in ethernet" means exactly that. A built-in Ethernet port (marked so with EthernetBuiltIn=Yes) with a driver attached (and probably MAC address collected) and BSD name 'en0'.

You don't have to use it, it just needs to be there.

So since apparently I have working built-in ethernet, and I'm still being given this MAS error, what do you suggest?

I once again apologize for my lack of knowledge on the subject. I'm a search-until-I find-answers type of guy, but this is extremely problematic for me and I don't feel I'm getting anywhere just by searching :(

So since apparently I have working built-in ethernet, and I'm still being given this MAS error, what do you suggest?

Are you certain? Did you install drivers for your Ethernet device? Is it assigned to 'en0'?

Did you create a valid/random serial# in your smbios.plist?

Are you certain? Did you install drivers for your Ethernet device? Is it assigned to 'en0'?

Did you create a valid/random serial# in your smbios.plist?
Thanks so much! For whatever reason I couldn't find this information anywhere! I simply installed the AppleIntelE1000.kext and deleted the networkinterfaces.plist and it worked!

I know this got off topic from the original post quickly and I apologize for that, but thanks for helping me out!

BTW: I guess it was your instructions I followed to patch the mach_kernel error I was having prior to all of this, so again, thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back