Contribute
Register

Mac App Store access with NullEthernet.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan,

I'm trying to play with your NullEthernet, I'm not able to make it work. :(

I'm using last version RehabMan-NullEthernet-2014-0427, did exactly what's written in readme on github.

Installed kext with Kext Utility in /S/L/E
I didn't touch anything with MaciASL editor just used your patch.txt on my completely clean extracted DSDT.aml and save it to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml (where with Clover normally DSDT should be).
I left everything in default and did reset of NetworkInterfaces.plist

But I don't have
NullEthernet interface available in network configuration.
I see your NullEthernet.kext in System Information - Extensions with status Loaded No.
If I try to load it manually with kextload command, doesn't work with errors.

/System/Library/Extensions/NullEthernet.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

Please help me out, I can send U any log or info U ask for, but I don't know what to send right now. I just see everyone talking about this how it works great, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong???

Thanx, have good day, bye...

Hi RehabMan,

I'm trying to play with your NullEthernet, I'm not able to make it work. :(

I'm using last version RehabMan-NullEthernet-2014-0427, did exactly what's written in readme on github.

Installed kext with Kext Utility in /S/L/E
I didn't touch anything with MaciASL editor just used your patch.txt on my completely clean extracted DSDT.aml and save it to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml (where with Clover normally DSDT should be).
I left everything in default and did reset of NetworkInterfaces.plist

But I don't have
NullEthernet interface available in network configuration.
I see your NullEthernet.kext in System Information - Extensions with status Loaded No.
If I try to load it manually with kextload command, doesn't work with errors.

/System/Library/Extensions/NullEthernet.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

Please help me out, I can send U any log or info U ask for, but I don't know what to send right now. I just see everyone talking about this how it works great, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong???

Thanx, have good day, bye...

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Never mind -- my bad. Try new version. Problem is in new xcode which I just happened to update to the other day. There is an easy workaround and I've done the same workaround for most (all?) of my kexts, but must have missed this one (mostly because I don't use it...)

2014-0427 version pulled.
2014-0501 posted.

Works great man!

AppStore is ok now, just only iCloud is saying when I try to connect "Account Limit Reached". Do you know what it means?

But other ways, very good job, Thank You, have good evening, bye.

Works great man!

AppStore is ok now, just only iCloud is saying when I try to connect "Account Limit Reached". Do you know what it means?

You'll have to google that one... I don't think it is related. BTW, you might want to randomize the MAC address...

Works great man!

Thanks for letting me know of the issue w/ the build. G'day...

Hi RehabMan, sorry to bothering all the time :))

:thumbup: No problem, and your response was great, sort everything out right away.

I'm trying to play with your DSDT Laptop Patches at GitHub. Is anywhere some description to these patches... what each patch does?

I just tried your graphics_HD4K_high.txt and I sent my OS X Clover Boot-up completely down. :)

I was even unable to proceed with Safe Mode, so had to boot from installation USB and manually rollback my DSDT.aml to previous working one.

Well I'm not sure if there is reason to apply this patch, cause my Intel HD 4000 works well in Mavericks 10.9.2, have correct identification in System Information, just don't have brightness slider in System Preferences - Display and my Clovers Boot Screen is stretched out in some low res so I wanted to fix this up, but probably not with this patch.

That's why I try to find description to your patches. There are some more like graphics_EDID.txt which I'm not sure about if I need it or not. And also graphics_MEI_ivy.txt, graphics_PNLF.txt, graphics_PNLF_ivy_sandy.txt and graphics_Rename-GFX0.txt.

If U can just point me right direction, thanx and have good day, bye...

Hi RehabMan, sorry to bothering all the time :))

:thumbup: No problem, and your response was great, sort everything out right away.

I'm trying to play with your DSDT Laptop Patches at GitHub. Is anywhere some description to these patches... what each patch does?

I just tried your graphics_HD4K_high.txt and I sent my OS X Clover Boot-up completely down. :)

I was even unable to proceed with Safe Mode, so had to boot from installation USB and manually rollback my DSDT.aml to previous working one.

That patch is only if you have a high resolution display. If you have 1366x768, it will not work. It injects ig-platform-id 0x1660004 and if your laptop needs a different value, it will not work.

Read each patch and the comments within.

Using DSDT patches without understanding what they are for can definitely create issues booting amongst other problems.

Well I'm not sure if there is reason to apply this patch, cause my Intel HD 4000 works well in Mavericks 10.9.2, have correct identification in System Information, just don't have brightness slider in System Preferences - Display and my Clovers Boot Screen is stretched out in some low res so I wanted to fix this up, but probably not with this patch.

That's why I try to find description to your patches. There are some more like graphics_EDID.txt which I'm not sure about if I need it or not. And also graphics_MEI_ivy.txt, graphics_PNLF.txt, graphics_PNLF_ivy_sandy.txt and graphics_Rename-GFX0.txt.

If U can just point me right direction, thanx and have good day, bye...

This is off-topic for here. Open a new thread in laptop support.

That patch is only if you have a high resolution display. If you have 1366x768, it will not work. It injects ig-platform-id 0x1660004 and if your laptop needs a different value, it will not work.

This is off-topic for here. Open a new thread in laptop support.

My laptop have native display resolution 1920x1080 so I guess it's ok.

...and ok, I'll open another thread in laptop support.

The method also work with my laptop, Acer Aspire S3-951. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back