Contribute
Register

Mac 2009 weekend ATX Case Mod...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

I decided to present my first Mac Hack Pro Mod...

I wanted to Mod a Mac Pro Case as I wanted to have the option of 2 x DVD/Bluray Burners at some stage... Picked up a new bare case off fleabay for £50 and paid £50 for the Llan Li PC-A05NB case which I butchered for the tray and backplate and USB 3 front connectors. My aim was to have a Case that worked to ATX standards so I could upgrade in the future - relatively quiet - and that I could turn around in a weekend...

Hardware:
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K OC @ 4.6 Ghz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance , 4x8GB, DDR3-1600
GPU: 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX670 OC - 2 GB (SLI)
CPU Fan: Corsair H80i
SSDs: 2 x Samsung 830 256 Gb (OSX +Win 7) in Icy Dock 4-in-1 SATA Hot Swap Backplane RAID Cage Hard Drive Case
HDDs: 2 x 2.5TB Western Digital
PSU: Corsair AX860
Motherboard Tray Taken From: Lian Li PC-A05NB Black Aluminium Mini Tower Performance Case
Bluetooth: Belkin USB F8T017NG
Wifi: TP-Link TL-WDN4800
CD/DVD: Sony Optiarc AD-7263S

Let me know what you think...

:)

Nice Job, Looks really nice. Question, where did you get the power button and usb front ports? Thanks, MacModifier

hi,

what did you use for the front io usb3 connectors?

Holy **** dude, this is super neat.
I've been wanting to do the EXACT same thing myself, here.
If you could make a step by step tutorial with a link as to where I can find the case you used, or what to look for, that would be ALOT of help :D

Thanks,
- Ben (PsychoTea

Considering you did this over the course of just one weekend, my few thoughts are going to seem a little churlish where really I am full of admiration. I would prefer if the Lian-Li I/O parts were not mounted on the outside of the case, so to speak, but in the inside, for a cleaner look, or at least what I imagine in my head, without having a case here before me, would be a cleaner look. I could be wrong but that's where I was thinking when I went in for the close up. Also, I would have used allen key head screws, so to speak, over philips heads for the mounting screws. Like several other commenters, I would like to see your build log, if you made one or want to make one. I am used to reading builds that take weeks. Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back