Contribute
Register

Mac 10.8.2 Boots with 7970 but Generic Graphics… H E L P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am Currently Running:
Hardware Overview:
Model Name: iMac GA-Z77-DS3H
Model Identifier: iMac13,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5 3570K
Processor Speed: 3.40 GHz
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM131.010A.B05
SMC Version (system): 2.11f14

I have gotten passed the Boot 0 error by installing a fresh version of 10.9.1 on a new boot drive using CLOVER. Which now boots up, with no errors, but the Radeon 7970 are just coming up a generic VGA cards with no acceleration and not recognized by the Hardware overview.

I am at a loss to where to go from here? Is there a better, newer version of MacOS that I should change to that will have the drivers in it and just work OOB?

I am thinking that editing the Plist file might be a bit advanced for me, I have tried it, with the tutorials that are on YouTube but with no success. I am not bad with hardware, and Mac Software, but I am no programmer. I have built about 3 Hackintoshes and getting these 7970 to work has had me beat for months now. Please, anyone, if you could help.

I have done my research and found the following threads (and MANY MANY others), but they have become so long, and no one seems to have my exact problem. I will list them below, but would like start my own thread on this particular problem. I am really at a loss here, as so many people get these cards to run perfect (including an eleven year old on Youtube), and others have nothing but dead-ends and frustration, What gives?

Where do I go from here? Different OSX version? Which one is BEST, with MOST features of these cards working? Is there a consensus on that?

AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3
http://www.tonymacx86.com/318-amd-radeon-hd-7xxx-graphics-support-os-x-10-8-3/comments6.html

Dual HD 7970's in Mavericks 10.9.4
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/140803-dual-hd-7970s-mavericks-10-9-4-a.html

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 2.32.56 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 2.32.56 PM.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 141
In UEFI/BIOS set IGX to first boot device.

In Clover /graphics set Inject Intel, (do not inject ATI)

blindboot clover, when os loads the ATI cards will start when you get to login/desktop.
you can ofc have one monitor connected to Intel if you got a spare monitor, or simply replug if need to change something in uefi/bios/clover boot screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back