1. Android
Hello,

I'm having trouble with installing El Capitan on my M4600
Here's the spec:
Intel i7 2820QM
16Gb Ram
Samsung EVO SSD 250Gb
GPU: Nvidia Quadro 2000m

I followed the installation guide for El Capitan from tonymacx86 to create the boot flash drive.
---The flash drive is a 32Gb 3.0, but I used 2.0 port to install.

I installed El Capitan on my desktop using the same flash drive and it was a success. After that I tried on my laptop, but it hang at the Apple logo after ran full bar.

I tried with "boot in verbose mode" and this is what it shown

20151221_172139.jpg

"Waiting for DSMOS..."

Please help me to fix this problem.
Thank you.

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

"Waiting for DSMOS..." without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC.kext is missing or not loaded.

Hello,

I'm having trouble with installing El Capitan on my M4600
Here's the spec:
Intel i7 2820QM
16Gb Ram
Samsung EVO SSD 250Gb
GPU: Nvidia Quadro 2000m

I followed the installation guide for El Capitan from tonymacx86 to create the boot flash drive.
---The flash drive is a 32Gb 3.0, but I used 2.0 port to install.

I installed El Capitan on my desktop using the same flash drive and it was a success. After that I tried on my laptop, but it hang at the Apple logo after ran full bar.

I tried with "boot in verbose mode" and this is what it shown

View attachment 168309

"Waiting for DSMOS..."

Please help me to fix this problem.
Thank you.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

So I can not use UniBeast to do "easy-install" for Clover ? My system is legacy boot BTW, not UEFI

So I can not use UniBeast to do "easy-install" for Clover ? My system is legacy boot BTW, not UEFI

Both UEFI and legacy are covered in the guide.

Note: "Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

Ok. Look like I have to get my hands dirty. I just read the installation for Clover and FakeSMC for the flash drive. Install the FakeSMC sound confusing since KextWizard is required.

Ok. Look like I have to get my hands dirty. I just read the installation for Clover and FakeSMC for the flash drive. Install the FakeSMC sound confusing since KextWizard is required.

FakeSMC.kext just needs to be copied to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. Kext Wizard install of kexts is post-install.

There's one thing i dont understand. At the beginning, after I plugged the flash drive to the laptop m4600 (as above, didn't work), I plugged into my PC (the one I successfully installed El Capitan), and I did boot to the install screen. If FakeSMC wasn't on it, how can the PC still boot to the installation ?

There's one thing i dont understand. At the beginning, after I plugged the flash drive to the laptop m4600 (as above, didn't work), I plugged into my PC (the one I successfully installed El Capitan), and I did boot to the install screen. If FakeSMC wasn't on it, how can the PC still boot to the installation ?

FakeSMC can also load from /S/L/E or /L/E on the system volume.

I put the FakeSMC kext in the /other folder but did not work. Actually the FakeSMC kext was there in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back