7970M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone!
I'm new to the forum but have been hackintoshing for a few years now, but dont really have much experience with DSDT's
I have a brand new system with OS X installed but would really like to create my own DSDT. The reason for this is because i know a large amount of people online looking to install OS X on their M17X and i think it would be really beneficial to have a DSDT to help everyone out.

I though i would try and create one but for some reason im failing to even get past the compile stage after extraction from my system. I'm using DSDTSE to extract.
After the extraction i go to compile and it throws out these errors, was just wondering if i could get any help on this. Could be easy stuff but as i said im new to DSDT editing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091214 [Dec 16 2009]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

/Users/Matt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 39: External (\TNOT)
Error 4057 - Name already exists in scope ^ (\TNOT)

/Users/Matt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 415: Acquire (SMIM, 0x06FF)
Warning 1105 - Possible operator timeout is ignored ^

/Users/Matt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 2717: Name (_T_0, Zero)
Remark 5111 - Use of compiler reserved name ^ (_T_0)

/Users/Matt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 2971: Store (HDSE)
Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting ',' ^

/Users/Matt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 2987: Arg0
Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0, expecting '(' ^

/Users/Matt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 5411: Name (_T_0, Zero)

/Users/Matt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 5489: Name (_T_0, Zero)

/Users/Matt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 5567: Name (_T_0, Zero)

/Users/Matt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 5645: Name (_T_0, Zero)

/Users/Matt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 5823: Name (_T_0, Zero)

/Users/Matt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 5901: Name (_T_0, Zero)

/Users/Matt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 8613: Name (_T_1, Zero)
Remark 5111 - Use of compiler reserved name ^ (_T_1)

/Users/Matt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 8614: Name (_T_0, Zero)

/Users/Matt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11785: Name (_T_0, Zero)

ASL Input: /Users/Matt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 11858 lines, 366851 bytes, 4670 keywords
Compilation complete. 3 Errors, 1 Warnings, 10 Remarks, 38 Optimizations

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have attached the dsl file if anyone can give any physical help :)
If anyone out there can help, I and all the other owners of the M17X R4 would really appreciate it.

Cheers!

Attachments

• DSDT.rar
    26.1 KB · Views: 84
I though i would try and create one but for some reason im failing to even get past the compile stage after extraction from my system. I'm using DSDTSE to extract.
After the extraction i go to compile and it throws out these errors, was just wondering if i could get any help on this. Could be easy stuff but as i said im new to DSDT editing.

I have attached one that now compiles. Some of this stuff you have to guess what was intended. Look for '////was:' and you will find my changes.

Attachments

• DSDT-geezermatt.dsl.zip
    32.2 KB · Views: 180
I have attached one that now compiles. Some of this stuff you have to guess what was intended. Look for '////was:' and you will find my changes.

Thanks a lot for your help! really appreciate it. Just need to figure out what to modify to get the 7970m to work under 10.8.3. I understand that it is compatible now in 10.8.3 due to the updated kexts from apple, but just need to tweak the dsdt... somehow :D
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back