Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
ok so to install 10.6.3 onto alienware m15x with my config.

i7 620qm
ati radeon hd 5730

this is a single boot system.

i have reached to 10.6.7 sucessfully and stable. only thing that does not work is wlan.

download Iboot legacy. burn to disk. this will get you to install 10.6.3

insert iboot legacy and boot into the iboot. next eject cd and insert RETAIL SNOW LEOPARD. then hit F5 to have it show up on screen. should say something towards osx snow leopard install. hit enter once its on your screen. install will begin.

once in the install select your language. go to utilities then disk utilities.(located at top of screen)

once there partition your drive. use two partitions. just make your second partition Backup and give it 50gb the rest goes to OSX partition. this is where you will install osx snow leopard.

to partition your drive. utilities-disk utilities once loaded click on your HDD to which you want to partition(on left side list). under volume scheme you will see current. change that to 2 partitions. you will then click on partition 2 and give it 50gb and name it back up. in partition 1 the rest will be assigned. name partition one then click mac os extended(journaled) as your format. next click options for partition 1 and click guid. then ok. once this is all done click apply. it will start creating your parttitions.

next close disk utilities when done and brings you back to install. go install onto whatever you have named partition 1. ie osx or backup. use osx.

this will start the install process. go get yourself some beer or a woman or both and have some fun. will take about a half hour or so.

once its done im sure you will come back to an error on the black screen saying it didnt find os on system. thats ok it cant read the osx sl disc. eject the cd and put iboot legacy back in then reboot. it will load into iboot then you may choose to load the HDD ie osx and will boot into osx sl.

set up pc how ever you want. enjoy song. do dodo do dodo do do dodo yeah i heard it too many times doing fresh installs till i decided to make a back up.

once in osx. google search for lion ati frameworks. this will get your video card to work. save to a usb drive. also in your searching go to apple.com and go to support and download each update individually. NOT COMBOS!!!! 10.6.4 10.6.5 and so forth. while those are downloading look for a m15x zip file online. i think its on a hackint0sh.org not sure. i will not post any links to any downloads so please search. i had lil to no help finding everything. im sure there is another m15x out there somewhere with this setup and hates windblows.

once you have all downloads including m15x.zip. open zip and use kexthelper and install your lion framework ati controllers. once installed and it says cross fingers then reboot click ok then close kexthelper and then on toolbar on bottom force quit. once that is done install update 10.6.4 then reboot. and repeat till you get to 10.6.7 installed.

REMINDER!!!!! I HAVE NOT INSTALLED A BOOTLOADER ONTO HDD SO CONTINUE USING IBOOT LEGACY TO BOOT INTO OSX. HAVNT FOUND A BOOTLOADER TO WORK CORRECTLY YET.

this will get you to a stable 10.6.7 snow leopard m15x.

now i am going back to figuring out how to get 10.6.8 to work.

Re: m15x alienware

@tvalentin I've got an alienware too, can you tell which guide you followed please ? :)

sorry and thanks for moving.

well I used iboot legacy to get it to boot into the 10.6.3 install.

install went well. on reboot I still need iboot legacy.

video worked after the install of "Ati lion frameworks" as I have a radeon hd 5730. I only installed the 5000 controller and the two additional files that differ from the controller kexts.

now have 1080p. wlan card still not working but the ethernet works perfect. sound works perfect. even volume up and down.

issues with eject button. need to manually eject from desktop once in osx.

can not upgrade successfully from 10.6.3-10.6.8 it will install but stops at white apple logo screen on reboot.

back to wireless. I found that there is no kext for intel 5300 wlan card. going to buy an internal card that is compatible once I find one. so far I saw broadcom is.

issue with 6gb ram showing up. only 4gb.

tried chimera multibeast easybeast and no bootlodsr will work. only iboot legacy. I have an i7 620qm.

that's what I've got in 24 hours and 8 installs.

trying a single boot system.

well I have progress today. successfully updated to 10.6.6 from 10.6.3.

installing individual updates. no combos.

I updated from 10.6.4-5 then had a display issue so im not sure if this solution is working for all but am doing it every time. started over and updated one at a time. once update is complete.

do not reboot.

install Ati lion frameworks then reboot. it worked from 6.4-6.5. been doing it ever since and having success.

I am trying 6.6 to 6.7 now the same way. worked. now onto 6.7 to 6.8.

ps download all individual update files to a usb drive. along with all files I've said I used. google search them.

did not work. froze prior to installing video kext then its stuck back at white apple logo.

10.6.3 to 10.6.7 is success but not to 10.6.8. almost. getting there.

all osx updates can be found on apples website for download.

ok so the bootloder is really starting to **** me off. none of which will load except for iboot legacy cd.

need some help with a bootloader. tried multibeast, both of them. tried chameleon. nothing. i always get just passed the apple logo then to the blue screen then nothing. but iboot legacy works no problem.

can someone tell me something. any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hey mate, I have an i7 m15x Laptop. I'll try to Hackintosh it in the next few days. U think my ATI Radeon HD 5850 will work?
As for wlan, do u also have the Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN? If we have the same specs, maybe I could try and plunge so we can peer solve this.

Hey Guys, could someone pls send mit the "Ati lion frameworks" per PN?
Upload on RS and post a link or somehing?
I cant fine a download with google.
I have this card in my Lenovo y560 and I managed everything working except eth and graphics (now its crashed and doesn't boot anymore since I added the deviceID in x2000 and x3000 kext and ati5000controller.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back