Contribute
Register

m-itx G4 Sawtooth build - H60 cooled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice painting and mod.

Enjoyed a lot how "Gskill Ares" looks.

hmmmm….. yes they are more orange than i really wanted!

I really want some help with wake from sleep? It does wake eventually after a few minutes! I've read extensively and the options seem to be

a) No DSDT b) Make your own DSDT c) different ethernet port d) use official realtek ethernet drivers e) plug usb keyboard, mouse into usb 3 ports f) try a different system definition g) unplug other hard drives except SSD

What's the best option here? I've read that a fair few other have this slow wake but no real fixes? No DSDT seems the most common cause but then no HDMI sound :(

Or the realtek drivers - i think the slow wake is linked to the ethernet as i can watch the ethernet grind away and then fire up as the machine awakes…

Any ideas?

There's not really such a thing as "No DSDT" system. What it really means is "No modified DSDT". In other words, if you go into your "No DSDT" machine and extract the native DSDT you will see what it is using natively - it is using that DSDT. So, if you extract that DSDT, put it in your Extra folder and restart you will see the truth of this - you will then have an injected DSDT which is using the exact settings of your "No DSDT" build and the behaviour will not have changed.

What I am getting at is this: extract your DSDT and then change one or two things at a time (making notes on exactly what you did and always making sure you have before and after copies kept safely) and googling for fixes for sleep and power management - usually these two things are linked - or use the tools that are out there for automatic patching of DSDT and see how that works out for you.

I know DSDT patching can seem a bit of a black art, but it really is something that it is worth trying to get to grips with and usually is the key to getting the last 10% out of your system if you don't mind spending the time on doing it.

Good luck.

Yes. I see! I sort of knew that but your explanation makes more sense!

I have found that not using a DSDT in the extra folder means my system wakes from sleep instantly so the TonyMac DSDT obviously does not quite work with my system.

I will need to make my own if I want sleep and HDMI sound!

Hi obv1, looking nice. I built z77n system, but I have a few probs, but I'll wait and see how your build turns out.

Hi obv1, looking nice. I built z77n system, but I have a few probs, but I'll wait and see how your build turns out.

What's your problems? Mine seems sweet with no DSDT in the extra folder. I used the Ivybridge power management SSDT script and aded drop SSDT into my boot list which combined with a Mac mini symbios seems to be producing a good range of pstates.

Temperatures don't go above 30 degrees even under full load so the H60 is working well. I'm not even using the 2nd case fan at the moment - it is winter here!

Next steps - new DSDT / mild CPU over clock / new SSDT / try and run the memory at 1600 - it's 1333 rated RAM - cheaper

Fit the Atheros wireless card when it comes - Belkin mini USB bluetooth….

Tidy up cabling - maybe strip the paint of the plastics and paint the inside of the case? Still hoping for some advice on this?

Hi, the trouble with mine is online I can't see videos, like youtube or webcams, and VLC that I'd D/L will not play videos, the player states that I need Quarts Extreme Acceleration, and also I'm not able to set my display, it is set at one setting only. cheers.

Yes i'v tried both.

Over clocked my RAM to 1600mhz and the CPU to 42,42,41,40 matched with a new SSDT which produced a better Geekbench 32bit score -

52141-geek.tiff

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back