Contribute
Register

M-Audio Audiophile 2496 finally on Mountain Lion with sleep, 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPDIF passthrough work?

Hello fogel!

First of all thank you for sharing this modded kext. Unfortunately I have to report that for me it does not work properly. I have a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard with BIOS F6, Core i7 2600k processor and an ASUS GTX560Ti graphics card. Running Mac OS X 10.8.2.

I have everything working perfectly now except for the soundcard (Audiophile 2496).

What happens is I install the kext using KextHelper which reports successful. then I restart the computer and it proceeds to boot. Noticeably slower boot with "pauses" when the kext is installed. Then finally it gets to the login screen only to find that keyboard and mouse is completely dead. Could it be some fix in Multibeast or something that I applied which conflicts with it? I have no idea what to do... if it is something that can be fixed.

I only require proper sound playback at 16bit 44Khz/48Khz for my hackintosh to be happy. Looking at buying an ESI Juli@ Xt soundcard (PCIe variant) to replace the Audiophile unless I can get it running (the official driver for Windows also has bugs and issues so have been considering upgrading for a long time regardless... just it would be nice if I could use this card that I have somehow...

UPDATE: Tried an entirely clean installation (started over from scratch) when I booted with -v I found that the driver reports the following:

Envy24 card found, but the sub vendor ID is something ffffffffff and thus not fully supported, and then it starts spewing "Waiting for I2C Failed!"... keyboard and mouse completely locks up too. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? If there is and someone can point me in the right direction I would be very thankful...

Kindest regards,
doskungen.

Hey, sorry for not replying sooner. There is something fishy with the email notifications because I only received one yesterday after weiser7's email above. (Sorry weiser7, I don't use SPDIF so I cannot verify here)
Regarding your error message it seems like the kext is unable to identify your sound card. This driver supposedly supports a range of cards using the same chip, ie. the "Envy24".
Are you entirely sure that your card is an M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496?
Because I think the problems you are experiencing with I2C etc are side effects from not having identified the card properly.
Can you post a more verbatim log output from when the kext tries to initialize?

Best regards

Doesn't seem to me that there is any problems to be had just by having it sitting in the PCI slot. Though I find it incredibly annoying that it doesn't want to work for me (as it seems many others here have had much better luck) so now my only option seem to be to get the ESI Juli@ XTe which has drivers that should work in OSX (from the manufacturer).... but that's some $150 to spend too...

I'm actually considering buying another card myself just for the sake of getting more than 44.1 kHz without pops and clicks on the left audio channel. Since this annoyed me a lot a while back I did try to pinpoint this problem and as it seems it is related to hardware interrupts and supporting both input and output at the same time. Guess it is time to move on... ^^

So I got this driver working for my Delta 1010LT, but I have to reload it every time I restart. Did I miss something?

Still going strong on Mavericks!

It wouldn't work at first but I re-installed, got a warning it would be loaded even though not from a signed developer, and then re-booted.

After reboot I could not get any app to produce sound through it, I was about to give up but to my surprise discovered that clicking the test buttons in the Audio-MIDI setup utility worked as normal.

I then created an aggregated audio device using the outputs as needed (in my case 9+10 which is SPDIF) and YES, success.

Sleep works, haven't tested autosleep yet but it worked fine in ML so I do not expect issues here either.

Not sure about my signaturen ATM but this is on a GA-Z77-DS3H v1.0 with HD6870, no DSDT.

Also, I installed the appropriate ALC and AppleHDA kexts as per the most recent Multibeast.

Thanks Fogel for this mod.

I'm using M-Audio 1010LT on OS X 10.9, it works for Audio on Stereo, but it seems that the low-latency monitoring does not work so well.
I think I have both the direct monitor and the input (hence the delay/echo).

It is unfortunate that with
- Envy24_SL.0.22.mon.dmg we have a good monitoring with no latency, but in mono
- Envy24_SL.0.22.dmg we have no monitoring at all, but in stereo
- With Fogel's version, we have monitoring with latency, and stereo.

Is there any way to improve this?

Thank again

Thanks Fogel for this mod.
It is unfortunate that with
- Envy24_SL.0.22.mon.dmg we have a good monitoring with no latency, but in mono
- Envy24_SL.0.22.dmg we have no monitoring at all, but in stereo
- With Fogel's version, we have monitoring with latency, and stereo.

Is there any way to improve this?

Thank again

I did further investigations with the source code and the Envy24 (ICE1712) specifications.
I think I know how to setup the audio card such that we have a correct zero-latency monitoring and stereo.

Unfortunately, I have poor Xcode skills, and I do not succeed in building the code source.

Could someone help?

Here are the 'specification' that I would like to try. Not tested of course...

Attachments

• envy24-monitoring.pdf
    57 KB · Views: 503
initial tests of your version fogel... works great for me in 10.9.4 . no issues with sleep/wake

dragem's version KP's though after wake. (http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/127...mavericks-monitoring-stereo-2.html#post845116)

would be great if the difference could be identified as this might help other kexts for other types of PCI card? eg my TC Powercore DSP cards dont init properly after wake, and the system can no longer identify them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back