Motherboard
Lenovo X1 Carbon G6 - Clover
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620, 2560x1440
What's your key notch?
Cut the notch but no luck :crazy:

Even in Windows only the Bluetooth gets recognised but no WiFi, in MacOS neither. Also sometimes the computer does not even start. Either I damaged the contacts while cutting or this card is rubbish.

I'm thinking of giving another go to the 1820A, which is running well in Windows. I'm running out of ideas. Last hope is buying another DW1560 with two notches if I can find it, or maybe a DW1830, which is wider though and with three antenna pins so it comes with its own set of problems.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620, 2560x1440
I tried the DW1820a again with the patch but with a slightly different configuration:

- I did not remove IO80211FamilyV2.kext from /S/L/E
- I installed the 3 kexts in /L/E instead and rebuilt all caches

The system is much more stable. I still get the occasional KP in IONetworkingFamily often on shutdown and when WiFi state changes (i.e. connecting to a different network, sleep etc.)

KP report attached.

Attachments

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620, 2560x1440
Further update, I managed to patch my Clover's config.plist with the patch from OP, I still get some KPs mainly while restarting/shutting down or on logins.

Motherboard
HP EliteBook 1030 G1 (Clover)
CPU
m7-6Y75
Graphics
HD515, 3200x1800
Further update, I managed to patch my Clover's config.plist with the patch from OP, I still get some KPs mainly while restarting/shutting down or on logins.
who is OP?

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620, 2560x1440
who is OP?
It's the Original Poster, i.e. you :)

https://www.lifewire.com/what-does-o-p-stand-for-2483372

On another note, I am curious to understand more about the relationship between the standard MacOS kexts (i.e. IO80211Family.kext) and AirportBrcmFixup.kext.

The readme for AirportBrcmFixup seems to imply this card (DW1820a) is natively supported, so I wonder whether there is a way to bypass the native kexts to avoid the KPs...

Anywhere I can read more about this?

Thanks

Motherboard
CPU
m7-6Y75
Graphics
HD515, 3200x1800
As you were noticed, using my workaround, you only have problems when booting/shutting down, not when you’re using the WiFi connection, eg: downloading file.
To be honest, I haven’t test my patch when machine sleep/wake up, since I never sleeping my laptop.
Other methods for dw1820a do not better then mine, eg those are crash randomly.

Motherboard
CPU
m7-6Y75
Graphics
HD515, 3200x1800
It's the Original Poster, i.e. you :)

https://www.lifewire.com/what-does-o-p-stand-for-2483372

On another note, I am curious to understand more about the relationship between the standard MacOS kexts (i.e. IO80211Family.kext) and AirportBrcmFixup.kext.

The readme for AirportBrcmFixup seems to imply this card (DW1820a) is natively supported, so I wonder whether there is a way to bypass the native kexts to avoid the KPs...

Thanks
Before asking questions, read post #1 carefully.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620, 2560x1440
As you were noticed, using my workaround, you only have problems when booting/shutting down, not when you’re using the WiFi connection, eg: downloading file.
To be honest, I haven’t test my patch when machine sleep/wake up, since I never sleeping my laptop.
Yes thank you very much for this patch. It is definitely the most usable, even sleep works properly, the KPs only happen on loading up or shutting down which is not such a big issue.

Before asking questions, read post #1 carefully.
My questions were generic and not related to this patch. Obviously it would be much better if there was a solution which did not involve changing any kext in /S/L/E replacing them with an older version. It could also become a problem with newer version of MacOS.

Motherboard
CPU
m7-6Y75
Graphics
HD515, 3200x1800

My questions were generic and not related to this patch. Obviously it would be much better if there was a solution which did not involve changing any kext in /S/L/E replacing them with an older version. It could also become a problem with newer version of MacOS.
To reach your goal, many technical skills were needed, and your stated question and the method you take for that question may be changed after you learning the foundamental infomation related. So go a further research, and try to understand what cause KP happen, why it happens, and so on....
After doing those, you can finally decide whether a /S/L/E hack were enough or it really need programming / hacking something.
Post #1 containing info I were explored sine the year 2016... One can learn from it, then spread his mind into other related article in this forum....

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620, 2560x1440
To reach your goal, many technical skills were needed, and your stated question and the method you take for that question may be changed after you learning the foundamental infomation related. So go a further research, and try to understand what cause KP happen, why it happens, and so on....
After doing those, you can finally decide whether a /S/L/E hack were enough or it really need programming / hacking something.
Post #1 containing info I were explored sine the year 2016... One can learn from it, then spread his mind into other related article in this forum....
Thanks for your help, we are lucky to have people like you on the forum. I'll keep reading and researching.