Contribute
Register

M.2 Samsung 950 PRO SSD NVMe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you tell us how you got it to work? Just installed the NVMe driver and voilà ?

Installed the GenericNVMe driver in EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11 of the UniBeast USB and OS X installed without trouble. SM951/NVMe but I would expect the same results with the 950 Pro.

Additionally, a question for people that managed to make this work (i.e. SM951, 950Pro) at full speed (4x, meaning ~2000/1000 MBs R/W): is it a significant difference in terms of performance vs SATA SSD (~500/500 MBs R/W) given these measures are for seq operations? Some info is not that encouraging (ex: http://techreport.com/review/29221/samsung-950-pro-512gb-ssd-reviewed/4) so sharing any additional real-time experience would be fantastic.

My planned usage scenario: mainly for lots of Parallels VMs as I'm into Windows development and testing (so yes, I might be dealing with big data and thus susceptible to benefit of the max seq R/W speed). I'm detailing as maybe somebody is in a similar situation.

Thank you!

Having panics on shutdown :(
There is a bug with the GenericNVME driver. Restarts cause a similar panic, a report has been given to the author and a debug is underway.

i had the same issue. remove is from S/L/E and only keep in the Clover Kext folder. only issue is that it freezes randomly but works great with normal reboots

i had the same issue. remove is from S/L/E and only keep in the Clover Kext folder. only issue is that it freezes randomly but works great with normal reboots

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I'm sure its because I'm a little too novice at this, but what is S/L/E, and what do you remove from it?

Update:

ok so S/L/E/ is /System/Library/Extensions... so now I'm with you there. But what I don't know is how do I get to that if I can't boot up my OS.

Also, where is the Clover Kexts folder?

Efi/Clover/Kext folder. mount the efi partition using clover configurator or efi mounter. if you install it in S/L/E folder along with the clover efi kext folder- reboot may crash or not show

Efi/Clover/Kext folder. mount the efi partition using clover configurator or efi mounter. if you install it in S/L/E folder along with the clover efi kext folder- reboot may crash or not show

Goootchya. Ok, so just take it out of S/L/E and leave it in the Clover kext folder for safe keeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back