Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon G6
CPU
i7-8650U
Graphics
UHD 620 - 2560x1440
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The Samsung PM981 crashes macOS regularly.

I intend to put this drive in my desktop and purchase another 1TB for my laptop.

Some SSDs work normally without special hacks in macOS.
Do any also have proper power management, that anyone is aware of?

Last edited:
The Samsung PM981 crashes macOS regularly.

I intend to put this drive in my desktop and purchase another 1TB for my laptop.

Some SSDs work normally without special hacks in macOS.
Do any also have proper power management, that anyone is aware of?

It depends on which OS, High Sierra has native NVME support for many new drives. The Samsung 970 EVO and Pro models don’t need any fixes they are plug and play. Did you update to HS? Maybe patches are no longer needed?

If your in Sierra fixes are probably necessary for most drives.

It depends on which OS, High Sierra has native NVME support for many new drives. The Samsung 970 EVO and Pro models don’t need any fixes they are plug and play. Did you update to HS? Maybe patches are no longer needed?

If your in Sierra fixes are probably necessary for most drives.
High Sierra, but as I understand, even some drives like the 970s may work native, but still use far more power than normal Apple NVMe?

High Sierra, but as I understand, even some drives like the 970s may work native, but still use far more power than normal Apple NVMe?

How much power do the Apple NVMe SSDs use?

I'm running an 860 Evo 1TB on my mid-2014 and experiencing horrible battery life as well. I get about 3.5 hours! This is compared to 6-7 hours on a stock Apple ssd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back