Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming K3
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi, I was wanting to know if the M.2 NVMe works on Hackintosh Big Sur, thanks.

We did a Steve Jobs style revision job on the SSD section of the guide. There used to be about 15 different Samsung NVMe drives in that section. After 12.0.1 was released many of those drives started having 5-7 minute long boot times. Completely unacceptable. Monterey exposed the TRIM bug in Samsung NVMe drives. Something had to be done.

We cut it down to 4 solid state choices (2 Sata / 2 NVMe) to make it simpler for buyers to choose. The guy who came up with that must be a Zen master or something.

Last edited:
We did a Steve Jobs style revision job on the SSD section of the guide. There used to be about 15 different Samsung NVMe drives there. We cut it down to 4 solid choices to make it simpler for buyers to choose. The guy who came up with that must be a Zen master or something.
oh, i thought you put in 15 or so different make and models in a hat and pulled a few out at random :) :) :)

oh, i thought you put in 15 or so different make and models in a hat and pulled a few out at random :) :) :)
Nope, involved thousands of hours of research, validation testing and painstaking analysis.

Well, thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back