Contribute
Register

M.2 NVMe SSD @ RAID0 with OSX Dual Boot

Is it possible to use Apple Software RAID0 with other MacOS dual boot's ?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X-99 DeluxeII
CPU
E5-2696 v4
Graphics
2* Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Everyone

I have build a system already with a Samsung m.2 512GB SSD, and now i can buy a second identical m.2 SSD for a good price.
I am using the m.2 SSD for my work (multimedia) and have 2 others SSD's for private & music production.

So i'm curious if it's possible to install both m.2 SSD with a striped RAID0 with 2 others Mac installations?
Because the mac software RAID on the m.2 controlling & arrange this SSD's and when im booting in the other OS.

Would this be a problem with the arrange of the striped RAID or would i see them as one disk or are they seperated..
Maybe people there are people who have experience with this (also with normal HDD/SSD's), and can tell me if it's possible?

Maybe someone can help me out?
Because the other M.2 is screaming for attention¿ o_O

When it's possible with a multi-boot system without problems
I want to create from the stripped m.2 OS with Terminal Disk Utility a RAID1 for storage with 2x WD Black 4TB..

I'm installing Mac OS X 10.11.6 with clover bootloader for the information..

Is there already someone who has experience with a softraid with NVMe with a RAID0 boot ?

I buy 2* 970 EVO 1TB, to upgrade to 10.14.5 because of the replacement of my graphics cards to Radeon Vll

Or will be a HighPoint SSD7101A-1 RAID MODE controller be useful, in the need of speed for 4K video editing

Hopefully, someone can help me out or have some advice.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back