Graphics
2 x nVidia GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I have a fresh install of 10.13.5 on a new Corsair MP500 M.2 disk (NVMe) with a read speed of 'up to' 3000mb/sec - boots nicely as well :)

Now the Black Magic disk speed tester I have reports a read of around 700 odd - which is good and noticeably faster than my previous SSD .. but it's not even 4 figures quick as advertised.

So, my question is, are there specific drivers or something else I need to do in order to get this working any quicker please ?

Thanks

Jon

Last edited:
I have been on this site for quite a few years and have dabbled in Hackintosh all thanks to this site and it's members.
It's odd that in all that time you didn't notice the rule about putting your hardware specs in your profile.

I put them at the bottom of the request.

I put them at the bottom of the request.
The rules specify that the hardware should be in your profile rather than some random place of your own choosing.
This way potential helpers can see instantly what you have without having to scroll back to see if/where you listed it.
Please add your Motherboard or pre-built system (Motherboard), Processor (CPU) and Graphics to your profile. TIA

Profile.png

The same problem. Can anyone help? The system - 10.13.6. Samsung 960 EVO. Speed 730/760. In system info link speed shows as 5 Gb/s and HWMonitor do not see SSD at all. Trim is enabled. No other ssd is connected. What to do to make ssd work faster and to show it in HWmonitor sensors?

The same problem. Can anyone help? The system - 10.13.6. Samsung 960 EVO. Speed 730/760. In system info link speed shows as 5 Gb/s and HWMonitor do not see SSD at all. Trim is enabled. No other ssd is connected. What to do to make ssd work faster and to show it in HWmonitor sensors?

Z97 motherboards have 1st gen M.2 drive at 10gb/sec. z170 and newer have 32gb/sec gen M.2 slots.

I tested my 970 EVO using a PCIE adapter and got higher speeds than when connecting to the motherboard M.2 slot.

Ok, but in system info link speed shows as 5 GT/s, not 10. Is it possible to make 10 GT/s?

Last edited:
Solved: as Gigamaxx said, m2 ssd should be used with pcie m2 adapter, so the speed will be x2 higher, than if it'll be in m2 slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back