Contribute
Register

Luck with Asrock H87M pro4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to install Mavericks on an Asrock H87M pro 4 by using a procedure very similar to the one described here.

Just in case it makes a difference (which i don't think it does), i updated the BIOS prior to the installation (v1.90 from November 28, 2013) and left it to its default except for the virtualization technology which i disabled.

i downloaded Afuwinx64 from American Megatrends' website (scroll down and clic on AFUWIN v4.xx) and PMpatched from here.

Hope it helps some

Got same board, but i3-4130, no other graphics card. Got projector on VGA.
Followed standard procedure, did not change boot loader. Current boot loader is V2.2.1, no problems here.
So first patch Bios. Without Bios patch, you are in a reboot loop.
The, put MacOS etc. on USB stick as in the standard guide, boot, install, boot again, run Multibeast, and select the options for this board:
Audio is ALC892, Network is Intel. The other options leave as standard.
Worked for me. VGA is working on the projector, but no native graphics driver for the HD4400 - so far. I am thinking of changing CPU to get HD4600.
So few reports on this board, and on i3-4130; I wasn't clear this would be such a problem. Result is, VLC can't play any movies :(

If you boot with IGPEnabler=Yes and run through the following ID descriptions with the IGPlaformID=********
then you will find that HD4400 graphics are now working.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/378-new-intel-hd-graphics-boot-flags-chimera.html

Replace ******** with one of the following values

Intel HD 4600/5000 (Azul)
04260000 Chimera HD 5000 Default
0A160000 0A260000 0A260005 MacBook Air Platform ID
0A260006
0A260008
0A2E0008
0C060000
0C160000
0C260000 0D220003 Chimera HD 4600 Default
0D2600000D260007

Once you have found the correct value you can add it to your .org.chameleon.plist

<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>********</string>

******** = the correct IGPlatform ID for your installation
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104463-how-edit-plist.html

Adrian B

Adrian,
Thanks for that.
I went through the list (tried a few before, as I was also searching the forum for solutions), but no success here.
There are some in the forum that say that with a monitor on VGA, the graphics 'would not work'. Apparently, they have a blank screen, but I do not have that problem. I have screen, just the graphics is not Qartz enabled.

Do you have any evidence that this should work with HD4400? I have searched up and down, I could only find those that got graphics QE with an additional graphics card, not the CPU built-in HD4400.

Adrian,
Thanks for that.
I went through the list (tried a few before, as I was also searching the forum for solutions), but no success here.
There are some in the forum that say that with a monitor on VGA, the graphics 'would not work'. Apparently, they have a blank screen, but I do not have that problem. I have screen, just the graphics is not Qartz enabled.

Do you have any evidence that this should work with HD4400? I have searched up and down, I could only find those that got graphics QE with an additional graphics card, not the CPU built-in HD4400.

One of the other mods has it running on a laptop - we had a discussion about it only a couple of days ago on one of the threads. VGA is going to give you problems using onboard graphics. Can you change to HDMI or DVI-D?

Adrian B

One of the other mods has it running on a laptop - we had a discussion about it only a couple of days ago on one of the threads. VGA is going to give you problems using onboard graphics. Can you change to HDMI or DVI-D?

Adrian B

Not right now, as I only have iMac, Macbook, and projector. But I intend to buy a monitor in 2 weeks. Will report back here of whether I will be able to enable native graphics with the IGPlatformIDs in this thread.

Not right now, as I only have iMac, Macbook, and projector. But I intend to buy a monitor in 2 weeks. Will report back here of whether I will be able to enable native graphics with the IGPlatformIDs in this thread.

I bought a HDMI to VGA converter to connect my projector. I would think HDMI represents my projector as if it is a native HDMI device. As such, we can assume that the VGA connection is not the issue here.

I went through all the IGPlatformID again, but no change. Graphics is not QE enabled. Seems like HD4400 can't be used.

So what's the better option? Sell I3-4130 and buy I5-xxxx (which one), or buy external graphics card (which one)? Note, only requirement is to play movies. No gaming here.
Thanks...

I bought a HDMI to VGA converter to connect my projector. I would think HDMI represents my projector as if it is a native HDMI device. As such, we can assume that the VGA connection is not the issue here.

I went through all the IGPlatformID again, but no change. Graphics is not QE enabled. Seems like HD4400 can't be used.

So what's the better option? Sell I3-4330 and buy I5-xxxx (which one), or buy external graphics card (which one)? Note, only requirement is to play movies. No gaming here.
Thanks...

If you have been through all the IGPlatform IDs and have not been successful, then considering that you wish to play movies to your projector then I would consider a GPU as the simplest option. Removing and cleaning the CPU/cooler and replacing with a new one is likely to be a lot of hassle. A serrate GPU like a GT610 would work OK, a GT 630 or 640 should be available in a passive cooling option if you prefer a quieter option.

Adrian B

If you have been through all the IGPlatform IDs and have not been successful, then considering that you wish to play movies to your projector then I would consider a GPU as the simplest option. Removing and cleaning the CPU/cooler and replacing with a new one is likely to be a lot of hassle. A serrate GPU like a GT610 would work OK, a GT 630 or 640 should be available in a passive cooling option if you prefer a quieter option.

Adrian B

I bought a second-hand GT630 (Palit 2GB, but detected as 1GB ?!?), set GraphicsEnabler=Yes and IGPEnabler=No, and the card got immediate detected after the reboot and is working fine.
Thanks for your help.
VGA on the GT630 is working with my projector, and so is the HDMI-to-VGA-converter with my projector.

I bought a second-hand GT630 (Palit 2GB, but detected as 1GB ?!?), set GraphicsEnabler=Yes and IGPEnabler=No, and the card got immediate detected after the reboot and is working fine.
Thanks for your help.
VGA on the GT630 is working with my projector, and so is the HDMI-to-VGA-converter with my projector.

Thanks for the feedback. I am glad that you have successfully managed to get your CustoMac running in the manner required. :thumbup:

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back