Contribute
Register

lower than expected geekbench scores - cpu frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8P67 Pro
CPU
i7-2600k
Graphics
Evga Geforce GTX 470 model 012-P3-1470-AR
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I'm running an i7-2600k on 10.6.7 with bridgehelper2 installed (2011 mbp kernel). overclocked in the bios (turboboost) to 4.5ghz. I added my clock frequency to smbios.plist and it shows up correctly in about this mac as well as in system profiler, however, when i run geekbench it tells me that my processor frequency is "205 Mhz", and my score is only 10522 which is *way* lower than I get under windows (12956).

Anybody have any idea what's going on here? (my guess is that for whatever reason geekbench is simply not detecting the processor frequency correctly, but I have the sneaking suspicion that despite my bios overclock and my smbios definition that my machine is still running at 3.4ghz (stock).)

also does anybody know of a tool that will give me real-time feedback as to exactly what frequency my processor is currently at?

and further is speedstep enabled at all? I'm guessing if not then turboboost can't work and my overclock is worthless under os x anyhow...

Thanks!

You are running the free 32bit version of geekbench. If you try the paid 64bit you will get a higher score. 10500 is about right for an normal clocked 2600k.

You CAN overclock leaving the frequency at low 3.2 for 10.6.7 and upping the turbo freq to 4.3. I get 13000 points in geekbench 32 this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back