Contribute
Register

Lower cost alternative to the Fenvi FV-T919 Wifi/BT card - The FV-HB1200

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is also made by Fenvi but includes the Broadcom BCM94360CS2 card instead. Reaches a maximum transfer rate of 867 Mbps via wireless 802.11ac protocol. The description says: 1 * Low Profile Bracket which has been confirmed to be included in the package.

https://www.newegg.com/fenvi-fv-hb1200-pci-express/p/0XM-00JK-00062?item=9SIADXZ9CS9385

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T9JD93Y/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
If you want to buy this on Amazon.com, they are charging $7 more than newegg does. Try to get them to price match with Newegg. If they will, then it's smarter to go with Amazon if that is your preferred reseller. If your internet download speeds max out at 300 Mbps or less, the speeds that this provides are perfectly acceptable.

If Newegg or Amazon are not available in your part of the world, Fenvi ships nearly everywhere from their Ebay store.

View attachment 418113View attachment 418114View attachment 418115View attachment 418116

If you are in the USA, buy from Newegg even if it costs a few dollars more. You'll get it weeks sooner
and you can easily return it for any reason that you might need to.

View attachment 415258

Even better! ONLY two antennas to deal with (I already have one and less antennas is much better, for only a small decrease in bandwidth)

Do these work during boot with Bluetooth keyboards and mice is what I'm wondering?
On both Clover and OpenCore? I ordered the 2 antenna version today.

possibly my keyboard does not butthat is likely due to the fact it is a MS surface eurgo. If you have an Apple keyboard and mouse it should work.

Do these work during boot with Bluetooth keyboards and mice is what I'm wondering?
On both Clover and OpenCore? I ordered the 2 antenna version today.

my apple bluetooth keyboard, magic trackpad, magic mouse could work.

I am about to build my first hackintosh on a dell 7010 usff and I need WiFi/bt with handoff support. I don’t have any pcie slots. Is their a option the use a WiFi slot? Sorry if this question has already been asked.

I am about to build my first hackintosh on a dell 7010 usff and I need WiFi/bt with handoff support. I don’t have any pcie slots. Is their a option the use a WiFi slot? Sorry if this question has already been asked.

The 7010 USFF has a PCIE mini card slot on it. You might checked the dell optiplex build guide under user builds as they would have better answers for you.

Last edited:
See pages 10 and 15 of the Dell Manual.

Attachments

• optiplex_7010_technical_guidebook.pdf.zip
    1 MB · Views: 75
See pages 10 and 15 of the Dell Manual.
Thank you. Is there an option for a mini PCIE slot? Also, is it possible for it to be under $40?

Last edited:
Is there an option for a mini PCIE slot? Also, is it possible for it to be under $40?
You should really learn how to use the site search function. Since you are new here, this should help you get started.

Here's the two primary cards that fit in that slot. It's not really possible or recommended to use adapters.
  • Half mini: BCM94360HMB/AzureWave AW-CB160H - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (3 antennas)
  • Half mini: BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H - supports WiFi/ac and BT4LE

Amazon has the BCM94352HMB/AW-CE123H for around 30 dollars:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HRFS1GQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Lowest price right now is from this seller in China:
Ordering from Amazon is the fastest and safest way to get one. Also much easier to return it if you need to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back