Contribute
Register

Lower cost alternative to the Fenvi FV-T919 Wifi/BT card - The FV-HB1200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Handoff was not working without the kext. That's why I installed :(

Everything worked OOB for me no configuration of anything outside of making sure the usb 2.0 header was turned on in my SSDT. It worked so well that I ordered a 2nd one to put in the other machine. Your board looks like it has built in wifi does it also have built in BT? If so have you disabled the onboard in your USB SSDT or removed it from the board entirely? It could be causing issues with the watch working. Also have you tried moving the card into a different slot?

Everything worked OOB for me no configuration of anything outside of making sure the usb 2.0 header was turned on in my SSDT. It worked so well that I ordered a 2nd one to put in the other machine. Your board looks like it has built in wifi does it also have built in BT? If so have you disabled the onboard in your USB SSDT or removed it from the board entirely? It could be causing issues with the watch working. Also have you tried moving the card into a different slot?

Well remembered! I had the Onboard Wifi/BT turned off in BIOS before. But It wasn't turned off in my SSDT. Now the onboard is turned off in BIOS and SSDT and I also changed the Fenvi's USB to 255 as well.

Handoff still doesn't work. I'm checking now if the problem is with iCloud and serial number.

Yeah! I finally got it! The FV-HB1200 is fully working!

The AirportBrcmFixup.kext is not needed.

My mistake was that iCloud was not properly working.
I went through this guide to make things right and Handoff worked.

Thanks for helping, scottkendall!

Yeah! I finally got it! The FV-HB1200 is fully working!

My mistake was that iCloud was not properly working.
I went through this guide to make things right and Handoff worked.

Thanks for helping, scottkendall!

Great that was the next thing I was going to ask.

OK I deleted that kext and everything is still working. Curious why chapter 6 of this guide says that kext is required for native and non-native Broadcom Airport/Wi-Fi cards. I'll take this question over to that thread if more appropriate.

OK I deleted that kext and everything is still working. Curious why chapter 6 of this guide says that kext is required for native and non-native Broadcom Airport/Wi-Fi cards. I'll take this question over to that thread if more appropriate.

If I had to guess it is because it does not say you need it, only that it could help you. It says native / non native because some of the older Broadcom cards needed help with handoff still. If you have one of these Fenvi cards or one of the other Fenvi cards you should not need the kext.

@moniteur
I bought one of these and set it up under win 10 first - the drivers were easy to find via google on Fenvi's website, and it works well.

When I installed 10.14.6 bluetooth and wifi worked fine, and airdrop worked perfectly. I haven't checked to see if imessage/facetime/handoff stuff works, as I don't use it on the computer.

Could you please send a link. I just find drivers for Windows and not for Mac. I have Mojave on my Hackintosh.
Thank you very much:)

I just find drivers for Windows and not for Mac. I have Mojave on my Hackintosh.
Thank you very much
The drivers are built in to macOS Mojave. Nothing needs to be downloaded or installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back