Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Strix X99
CPU
Intel Core i7 5820k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 980 Ti
Hello all!

I want to build a mini ITX system for small scale graphic design for websites and it will also function as a daily use PC and occasionally for some gaming. Now for the ambitious bit.. I plan to build this CustoMacPro/Mini inside of an XBOX 360 Slim case. So my obvious obstacle is space. I'm aware that I will have to keep my PSU on the outside of the case. I'm not much worried about that. I had planned on buying the EVGA Nvidia GeForce GT 640 2GB 128-bit DDR3. Now after looking at the dimensions of that card its WAY TOO BIG to fit in the small designed 360S case. I would like to find a card that can run at close to the same efficiency that is much smaller. About 2.5" off the mobo maximum. I would like to update to the latest version of ML, but I'm not against falling back to 10.8.3. Cost is key!! I don't want to spend over $100 for the card. If it helps at all here is my hardware config:

-GA-H77N-wifi (not overclocking, don't need it don't want it)

-Intel Core i5 3570K

-8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM

-600 or 650w be quiet! PSU (most likely)

I'm not really sure how much more is needed, but if you need to know anything else just let me know. I really hope I'm not trying to achieve the impossible. I've also contemplated extending the size of the case with an acrylic sheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Consider a PCIe riser adapter and thin mini ITX motherboards.

Ah! Thank you so much! I was unaware of PCI-e risers. That will be perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back