Low Profile Graphics Card for Ambitious Custom Build

Motherboard
Asus Strix X99
CPU
Intel Core i7 5820k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 980 Ti
Hello all!

I want to build a mini ITX system for small scale graphic design for websites and it will also function as a daily use PC and occasionally for some gaming. Now for the ambitious bit.. I plan to build this CustoMacPro/Mini inside of an XBOX 360 Slim case. So my obvious obstacle is space. I'm aware that I will have to keep my PSU on the outside of the case. I'm not much worried about that. I had planned on buying the EVGA Nvidia GeForce GT 640 2GB 128-bit DDR3. Now after looking at the dimensions of that card its WAY TOO BIG to fit in the small designed 360S case. I would like to find a card that can run at close to the same efficiency that is much smaller. About 2.5" off the mobo maximum. I would like to update to the latest version of ML, but I'm not against falling back to 10.8.3. Cost is key!! I don't want to spend over $100 for the card. If it helps at all here is my hardware config:

-GA-H77N-wifi (not overclocking, don't need it don't want it)

-Intel Core i5 3570K

-8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM

-600 or 650w be quiet! PSU (most likely)

I'm not really sure how much more is needed, but if you need to know anything else just let me know. I really hope I'm not trying to achieve the impossible. I've also contemplated extending the size of the case with an acrylic sheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
512K, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Asus Strix X99
CPU
Intel Core i7 5820k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 980 Ti
Consider a PCIe riser adapter and thin mini ITX motherboards.
Ah! Thank you so much! I was unaware of PCI-e risers. That will be perfect!