Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all, this is both my first hack build and my first post to this forum, so please, be gentle. ;)

I recently built a CustomMac from TonyMac's guide and almost everything is going fine with my new HackPro- boot, sleep, USB/eSata, etc. My problem is that my geekbench scores are hanging around 5500-5800, even with 64-bit kernel (on 32-bit geekbench), 12GB of RAM and a Core i7- 950 overclocked to 3.47GHz. Hell, my 27" iMac has a geekbench score of 8584, so this is a little disappointing.

The configuration is this:
Gigabyte x58-UD3R, v2
Core i7- 950 @ 3.47 GHz
12 GB OCZ Technology Gold 1600 mhz ram
OCZ Agility 2 SSD boot drive
Gigabyte HD 5770
FB BIOS firmware and TonyMac's FB DSDT

Geekbench overall : 5585
Integer: 4448
Floating Point: 3160
Memory Performance: 3160
Memory Bandwidth: 3583

I've followed lnx2mac's guides on BIOS settings and also mimicked other BIOS settings on the forums with similar setups. I've made some improvements from the original 4869 (with 4gb of RAM and 32-bit kernel at 3.07ghz), but they're not substantial. The issue seems to be with the processor, as memory performance is ok (just a little lower than my iMac, which has 16GB of RAM).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I can post my full bios selections if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Garth

hmm, a bit strange.
My system is an i7-930 on an Gigabyte X85a-UD5 with Tony dsdt file, 6GB ram and an regular HDD (samsung F3, 1TB) and I get 8671.

One thing for shure for bouth of us, we wont get the best scores since we dont use the geekbench 64bit.
As long as we use the 32bit, max 4GB ram is used.
(but I havent take the step to buy the 64bit edition of geekbench)

I know an real mac pro running the 64bit is close to (or maybe in some setups over) 15000 in GB score.

Me neither, which is probably why the memory scores are so similar between the iMac and the hack. But those processor scores are atrocious. :(

Garth

svar said:
One thing for shure for bouth of us, we wont get the best scores since we dont use the geekbench 64bit.
As long as we use the 32bit, max 4GB ram is used.
(but I havent take the step to buy the 64bit edition of geekbench)

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    17.4 KB · Views: 84
I suspect this is not your issue, but I see a substantial drop in geekbench scores on waking from sleep. Fresh boot is 20% better than after waking from sleep. Very strange

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7763

Yeah, this constant- cold boot, out of sleep and when it's been running for a while.

Garth

carbine said:
I suspect this is not your issue, but I see a substantial drop in geekbench scores on waking from sleep. Fresh boot is 20% better than after waking from sleep. Very strange

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7763

Attachments

• Help.ioreg.zip
    477.1 KB · Views: 34
So, ummm, nevermind ya'll. I decided to go ahead and update to 10.6.5 and I decided to just run Multibeast again with the update.

For shits and giggles, I ran Geekbench again after it rebooted. The result was a 9500-something score. WOW!

I rebooted into BIOS, overclocked the CPU modestly (3.47 GHz) and now I'm sportin' a 10776 score. Ahhhh, it feels good.

Thanks,

Garth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back