Nvidia 450 GTS
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi There,

I got a i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz with 32Gigs of ram with Indentifier as MacBookPro8.1 running 10.7.3 ios and my geekbench is about 12738.

It seems very low to me.

Anyone can help me please?
Thanks,
Pooya

Hi There,

I got a i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz with 32Gigs of ram with Indentifier as MacBookPro8.1 running 10.7.3 ios and my geekbench is about 12738.

It seems very low to me.

Anyone can help me please?
Thanks,
Pooya

Try a different SMBIOS, MacPro3,1, MacPro5,1 or iMac12,2. I tried the MacBookPro too, for some reason, Geekbench scores are low with it.

Providing a link to the uploaded Geekbench result could be useful, as we could see more detail. A single number only tells us so much...

For instance if the Memory Bandwidth component of the result is low then that may be a sign that your RAM isn't running at the optimal speed (e.g. many motherboards default to 1333 MHz timing even with 1600 MHz RAM: all it takes is a multiplier tweak in the BIOS to set things right).

Providing a link to the uploaded Geekbench result could be useful, as we could see more detail. A single number only tells us so much...

For instance if the Memory Bandwidth component of the result is low then that may be a sign that your RAM isn't running at the optimal speed (e.g. many motherboards default to 1333 MHz timing even with 1600 MHz RAM: all it takes is a multiplier tweak in the BIOS to set things right).

DBP,

I totally agree with you, but from trying different SMBIOS's, the MacBookPro versions seem to score about 1k less then the others. That was the one he listed as using, if he changes to MacPro for example, he'll be around 13,700, which is normal for his CPU.

Are you kidding? Don't rub it in our faces. Those are great results. Why do you think you deserve a higher score if your clocked so relatively low?

DBP,

I totally agree with you, but from trying different SMBIOS's, the MacBookPro versions seem to score about 1k less then the others. That was the one he listed as using, if he changes to MacPro for example, he'll be around 13,700, which is normal for his CPU.

Just had a quick look to see what my i7-2600k used to score when it was not overclocked and it scored 13746 that was using the default SMBIOS Mac Pro 3,1 from Multibeast and 8 GB 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance

here is the link to the score if it is useful for comparison.
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/516256

Hmm, see that is so strange.

See my results in the link: http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1340983

It's so much lower than yours and I got 32gigs of ram.

Please let me know why it's super low.

I'm going to do a mac,pro 3.1 now. and post the results.

I just updated to MacPro 3.1 ( I couldn't get it booting at 5.1 )

Score: 12693

Here's the results: http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1341137

I think it's super low, what do you think that might be? Maybe I need to Install something with Multi Beast or Change something in my bios?

Thanks so much,
Pooya

As I suggested earlier, it looks like your RAM is definitely part of the problem (your Memory Bandwidth score is lower). I'm not sure exactly what to tweak in your BIOS, but that would be where I'd start.
Your processor scores are slightly lower too though.

Just had a quick look to see what my i7-2600k used to score when it was not overclocked and it scored 13746 that was using the default SMBIOS Mac Pro 3,1 from Multibeast and 8 GB 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance

here is the link to the score if it is useful for comparison.
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/516256

Thank you but i7 2600K is getting 13646 score, and I'm not even close to that..
so strange.

Do you think the numbers may just be arbitrary and they don't actually reflect on the performance of the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back