Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I currently have a dual boot Windows 7 and OSX 10.7.3 system.

In Windows, I can run my Diablo 3 beta at native res (2560x1600) with high graphic settings at a stable 60 FPS. It looks beautiful.

In OSX, I can only get 60 FPS when I turn the res down to 1280x800 and lower the textures, physics, and lighting considerably. The UI looks pixelated and the game feels like it's from 1999 compared to how it runs and looks in Windows.

I've used the combo enabler on Multibeast 4.3.2 and installed the Nvidia CUDA drivers. No other kext/plist hackery has been done.

Is there something I can do to improve performance of games on my system?

NOTE: It's not just the Diablo 3 client. I've tried iLoL and Starcraft with similar results. My framerates are always more stable even with higher resolutions and higher graphic settings when running games in Windows.

LuxMark Simple (GPU only)
8XQfY.jpg

LuxMark Medium (GPU only)
RXeoV.jpg

LuxMark Complex (GPU only)
IGCJe.jpg

Unigine Heaven
ZTyFQ.png

These scores are good. Nothing to do with them.

Yeah, what exactly is the problem again? The scores look as expected for your setup. Did you ever consider the possibility that FPS performance is not going to be identical between Windows and OS X? After all, the card you have is more or less built for Windows specifically.

I disagree with the two above posters. It's odd. Seems that your card is benchmarking fine, but giving you poor performance in games?

Download and run novabench. It seems to be a fairly accurate indicator of real world OpenGL performance.

Also, try adding your device ID to applegraphicspowermanagement.kext. Alternatively, switch your system identifier to MacPro3,1 if you haven't already. Report back with results.

I empathize with your frustration. It would be so nice to have a hack that games!

I'm going through the same problem on my new setup. I'm running your card but with a i7 2700K. Come across any way to solve this problem/boost framerates on the mac side of things?

you can't just lower your res on an LCD and expect it to look sharp. Diablo 3 beta for OSX was pretty poor, apparently the fixes are being put in for release. Your card benchmarks fine, but you have to realize that it won't be as fast as Windows for gaming. you will need a faster card if you want better performance, especially at that really high resolution.

and to the one disagreeing with the others... Ungine is a game and benchmark, his numbers are good. His card is working at full speed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back