Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, Im planning to build an Hackintosh and I need your point of view on this mini ITX build
CPU: Penthium G4400
MB: Gigabyte GA H170N-WIFI (Is wifi supported otherwise i need to find another MB with integrated wifi)
Memory: 8 GB Crucial 2133MHZ DDR4
SSD: Corsair SSD
GPU: Can I use integrated Graphics ?
(because i will use a 1440p thunderbolt monitor that i already have, therefore i can use a HDMI to Thunderbolt)
Thank you Jules

Hi guys, Im planning to build an Hackintosh and I need your point of view on this mini ITX build
CPU: Penthium G4400
MB: Gigabyte GA H170N-WIFI (Is wifi supported otherwise i need to find another MB with integrated wifi)
Memory: 8 GB Crucial 2133MHZ DDR4
SSD: Corsair SSD
GPU: Can I use integrated Graphics ?
(because i will use a 1440p thunderbolt monitor that i already have, therefore i can use a HDMI to Thunderbolt)
Thank you Jules

No idea about the wifi. But the Pentium CPU is not supported and the CPU graphics is also not supported in MacOS. I recommend changing the CPU to a i3 6100 at least.

Ok but for the integrated GPU
Is It supported in an hackintosh otherwise can I change a file to make it supported.
Because I wanted to build a 300-350$ Mini itx config.
Thank you.

No, I don't think so. Apple did not use any CPU with the HD510 CPU graphics (in your Pentium) so there are no drivers included in MacOS for it. The version of CPU graphics present in the i3 / i5 / i7 6xxx CPUs is HD530 which Apple did use in some of its Macs. So HD530 is supported and HD510 is not and there is no way to make it work fully.

WiFi is not supported from this particular MB. You would have to buy a compatible WiFi M.2 card. There are 2 options that I am aware of and each one would run you about $35.

On the CPU I would go with what Jamesbond007 recommends, i3-6100. You may be able to find one used if your willing to go used for a lower price.

Ok guys
Thank you
I've bought
CPU: i3 6100
GPU: Integrate Graphics
MB: Gigabyte H270M-DS3H
WiFi: TP LINK TL-WN881ND
RAM: 2*4Go DDR4 2400Mhz
Thank you
I'll probably build it on december 9th
So i'm coming back when everything is working

Status