Contribute
Register

Lost USB 3.0 after 10.13.4 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you previously used the USB Port Limit Patch it should work.
Did you disable the old patch?
Attach your config.plist so we can check.

Instead of the USB Port Limit Patch create a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext
Hi,

I tried to follow the RahabMan's guide but it's too complicated for me. I don't know how to inject the USB ports.

I attach my config.plist.

Thanks for helping!

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.9 KB · Views: 200

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.9 KB · Views: 208
Try attached config.plist and report progress.
Thanks! Now it works!-) But it is not flawless - for example one USB stick (USB 3.0) does work in some ports and in some not. External HDD appear as external in some ports and as internal in others. But I'm happy that I have USB 3.0 working again - these are just small issues.

one USB stick (USB 3.0) does work in some ports and in some not.
You do have USBInjectAll.kext in /Library/Extensions ?

No, I have it in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other directory. Because I was uncertain if it would work, I made a copy also to the "10.13" folder. Should I move it to the LE folder?
Should also work in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other directory
It's not necessary to copy your kexts to the 10.13 folder if you already have them in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

I believe I have the same problem. At some point, I started installing the betas and lost USB ports. Only my USB headphone works. No USB sticks work anymore. I've attached my config file in case anyone is able to take a look and spot an issue.

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.6 KB · Views: 196
I believe I have the same problem. At some point, I started installing the betas and lost USB ports. Only my USB headphone works. No USB sticks work anymore.
New USB Raise Port limit patch required for 10.13.4. - See here for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back