i7 8700
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
Hey guys,

I am stuck, I am able to install OSX High Sierra with no problems, when it first installs, I have networking, but after I do the updates from Apple and then Run Multibeast, I loose my networking everything else works fine.

It gives me Cable Unplugged error. I am using the correct drivers from all of the other guides for this motherboard.

Not sure what to do here, I have no error, just cable unplugged.

The only work around I see is to leave the USB stick in and use the computer that way, I feel it won't hurt anything, but when I try to do that, it doesn't let me use my Nvidia web drivers, when it boots it defaults back to OSX driver.

I downloaded IntelMausiEthernet.kext just in case, But when I install it to the kext folder, nothing different happens, not sure how to re-load networking on the computer or find that driver apple is using out of the box and just saving that one instead.

So right now, the computer just doesn't have networking, but I am able to boot without usb stick in .

anyone have any idea's? I do not see anyone else with my motherboard having this problem.

I have also tried clover, same problem, it allows drivers etc, but networking dies... Cable un-plugged.

I give up on this MB. Seems I got an unsupported one, I guess the Gaming 5 and 7 is supported, 3 is not, even know they look the same they are not!. I found a golden build guide for 7, so I am going to go with that...

For any other users who are looking to get a MB, do not get this one, it will not work and has lots of issue's

someone help us?
You can install the Ethernet kext manually :

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download this kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed, restart.

Hello,
I also have this motherboard. There was a similar problem, I decided to reinstall the kext on the network. You can lay out your efi folder, I want to learn more details of the selected kexts and settings.
Thank you in advance!
PS: Sory for my English )

My Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 3 uses the Atheros Killer E2500 chipset. Use the AtherosE2200Ethernet option in Multibeast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back