Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Good evening,
here I am, again, asking for your help ^^

Ok, I've installed yosemite with unibeast/multibeast ecc ecc! Got my graphic card up using nvidia webdriver (it's a gtx750), and my audio is finally working thanks to your help! I have a last (??? mmm I dunno) question: when I choose mac pro 3,1 smbios, my dual monitor is working with no issue at all! But, changing it to iMac 11,1 (I have an intel core i7 860), my other monitor is not working!
I really can't understand! My build is:

Asus P7P55D-E
Intel core i7 860
Nvidia gtx750

I use a custom dsdt patched by myself

Good evening,
here I am, again, asking for your help ^^

Ok, I've installed yosemite with unibeast/multibeast ecc ecc! Got my graphic card up using nvidia webdriver (it's a gtx750), and my audio is finally working thanks to your help! I have a last (??? mmm I dunno) question: when I choose mac pro 3,1 smbios, my dual monitor is working with no issue at all! But, changing it to iMac 11,1 (I have an intel core i7 860), my other monitor is not working!
I really can't understand! My build is:

Asus P7P55D-E
Intel core i7 860
Nvidia gtx750

I use a custom dsdt patched by myself

If MacPro3,1 works, why change ?

MacPro3,1 is the most stable definition for most builds, that is why it is the default.

Only because I read that it was batter looking for a smbios wich reflect my hardware, and iMac 11,1 has my own processor! But if it's useless, I'll switch back to Mac Pro 3,1!

And I read also that with iMac 11,1 and i7 860, I can activate with no manual edits Intel Speedstep!

And I read also that with iMac 11,1 and i7 860, I can activate with no manual edits Intel Speedstep!

Did you actually test your MacPro3,1 system for Speedstep before you changed it ?

Ok I checked it!
With Imac 11,1 HWMonitor gave me x9 and x21
I add also that with cpu in idle, sometimes it jumps to x21 for some seconds and then came back to x9
With Mac Pro 3,1 it gave my x9, x10 (?), x11, x21
And sometimes it jumps to x11 when in idle!

Ok I've got some news! Actually it's not a multimonitor problem! In my gtx750 I have only 1 dvi and 1 vga (also 1 mhdmi, I ordered a cable few days ago, I'm going to do some other tests when it'll arrive): with iMac 11,1 smbios, the vga port doesn't work! I tried booting with only one monitor in vga slot and when graphic card starts, I have black screen!

Ok I've got some news! Actually it's not a multimonitor problem! In my gtx750 I have only 1 dvi and 1 vga (also 1 mhdmi, I ordered a cable few days ago, I'm going to do some other tests when it'll arrive): with iMac 11,1 smbios, the vga port doesn't work! I tried booting with only one monitor in vga slot and when graphic card starts, I have black screen!

There is no support for VGA - Apple don't use VGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back