Contribute
Register

Lost in drivers, boot flags, clover etc. etc. Please help me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 650 Ti boost
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
All right, So I've been trying to solve a few post installation problems with some luck and no luck. I've been at it for a few days now, and well I'm getting desperate now...

This is my first build and installation of a Hackintosh (El Capitan). So my specs:

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4
i7 3770K
Kingston SSd 120gb
Kingston Hyper x Beast 2 x 4gb
GTX 650 Ti Boost
Cougar Sl 500w Psu
Thermaltake watercooler
Dual Monitors (AOC F19 and AOC 1943W)

Some of the specs are not exact since I don't have any problems with them.

So problems I do have:

- Ehternet and TP-Link wireless card (TL-WN821N) are not working
- Audio is not working

I've tried several drivers to no avail. Everytime I install some driver through either a script, package or kext wizard it fails after restart. I boots to the end of the progress bar and hangs:banghead:. This even happened when I tried to install an audio-driver for an external card (m-audio fast track pro).

I don't know much about Clover and injections and boot flags etc :think:.

Could someone please give me some guidance in order to get this working? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers :wave:.

Do you have the RtVariables for El Capitan to disable SIP in your config.plist? They are discussed in this guide. That's what pops to mind when you say things fail after you install a new driver.

I don't know about the other hardware, but if SIP settings are correct then the cloverALC script should work for audio.

Do you have the RtVariables for El Capitan to disable SIP in your config.plist? They are discussed in this guide. That's what pops to mind when you say things fail after you install a new driver.

I don't know about the other hardware, but if SIP settings are correct then the cloverALC script should work for audio.

Thanks for your reply Ammulder. I managed to enter the variables in Clover. After installing all the drivers, it booted up normally with SIP partially disabled. However, none of the drivers worked. I`m now considering to do a fresh install of Yosemite and see if I can get all my hardware working. Afterwards I`ll update to El Capitan with the Clover method.

So I've done a second clean install of El Capitan just to see if I missed anything. Fixed the boot problem via linux terminal. Fixed the dual monitor issue by disabling inject nvidia. Can't get the wireless card and ethernet card to work. The audio seems to be possible, however when you run the script it tries to download extra files, and without internet it won't complete.

Anyone else having similar problems, possible solutions?

According to the specs, you motherboard has a Broadcom BCM57781 Ethernet chip, so I'd search the site for that to see what Ethernet driver to use.

Worst case there are cheap and compatible USB Ethernet or WiFi adapters you can get.

According to the specs, you motherboard has a Broadcom BCM57781 Ethernet chip, so I'd search the site for that to see what Ethernet driver to use.

Worst case there are cheap and compatible USB Ethernet or WiFi adapters you can get.

Yes thanks Ammulder. I`ve actually discovered all the drivers since I started. Getting them to work is another story :)

I found the error in the end. I was using kext wizard to install the kext, but it never displayed my drive except item 2 or item 3. So I then used kextbeast and fixed the permissions in terminal afterwards. Viola!

Sound I got working as well after a few tries. I injected id 2 in Clover and got sound through internal speaker and headphones. That`s all I need really, since I just hook up a small quality speaker on my desktop.

At the moment everything is working: graphics, usb 2 and 3, sound and internet. I even got my other 2 sata drives hooked up and working with tuxera ntfs. So now I have a usable everyday power machine. I`m very happy I stuck it through. Thanks for your help. I`ll search and learn more in the next couple of weeks and then I`ll write up a proper guide for my hardware.

Cheers.

Hey @Christophsan, Can you please private message me I have a few questions about the audio drivers.

private messages are not helping anyone.

Hey @Christophsan, Can you please private message me I have a few questions about the audio drivers.

Hello mate. Feel free to ask your question here. If I can´t help, someone else might.

I have the same motherboard that you have (Asrock z77 extreme 4), and I have no idea how to get the audio working. I tried to install the alc898 through multibeast but it didn't work. I also can't boot osx from the hard drive, I have to use my USB every time i start my computer. How did you solve these issues on your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back