Graphics
Asus GTX 780
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
so my mackintosh has been up and running for a while now and everything works perfectly. i dual boot using clover and two separate drives for OS X and windows.
however on the OS X hard drive i keep get incorrect number of thread records and sometimes it would resolve itself and there would be lost+found and damaged files folders. and other times i would have to completely wipe and clone from my CCC backup. this would every couple of days and is very frustrating.
at first i thought it was the old hard drive that i was using for the os x install but now i have cloned it to a brand new sandisk ssd and this is still occurs weekly.

anybody else have this problem? what causes it? how to prevent it.

thanks
J.

so my mackintosh has been up and running for a while now and everything works perfectly. i dual boot using clover and two separate drives for OS X and windows.
however on the OS X hard drive i keep get incorrect number of thread records and sometimes it would resolve itself and there would be lost+found and damaged files folders. and other times i would have to completely wipe and clone from my CCC backup. this would every couple of days and is very frustrating.
at first i thought it was the old hard drive that i was using for the os x install but now i have cloned it to a brand new sandisk ssd and this is still occurs weekly.

anybody else have this problem? what causes it? how to prevent it.

thanks
J.

Something is corrupting your data; my first thought was a bad drive, but you've already checked for that. Try replacing the SATA cable - sometimes the connectors on those are flakey and cause problems. If that doesn't fix the problem, try moving the drive to a different SATA port, maybe the port on the motherboard is bad. Finally, it could be a defective motherboard. Good luck!

thanks for the reply,
but when i got the new ssd i got a brand new sata cable and switched the sata ports about.
i would have thought it was hardward related but my windows drives are all fine, no errors.
im thinking of doing a clean install just to cover that.

anymore ideas let me know
thanks again.

J.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back