Contribute
Register

Lost Ethernet after USB 10.13.4 patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Again RehabMan,

I have the Ethernet up and running now but since unloading AppleIntelE1000e.kext, installing IntelMausiEthernet.kext and updating config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts should be "Detect". My Nvidia drivers and audio don't seem to be working.
Not sure what have done here...

Note: I haven't gotten to my USB configuration yet. Still reading through your guide carefully before getting started. Out of interest sake ( I now its a few steps in ). But does my XHC device-id match up against data for 8086_8xxx?

Cheers!

Attachments

• debug_4389.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
The ioreg shows Ethernet working.
But you should probably be using IntelMausiEthernet.kext instead of AppleIntelE1000e.kext.

All kexts you need should be installed to /L/E.
config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts should be "Detect".
Hi RehabMan,

After my nvidia stopped working I though I would just try again but with ntelMausiEthernet.kext instead of AppleIntelE1000e.kext. from the get go.

But I don't have ethernet again... any chance you could have a look?
Thanks for your help so for. Really appreciated!

Attachments

• debug_9794.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
Hi RehabMan,

After my nvidia stopped working I though I would just try again but with ntelMausiEthernet.kext instead of AppleIntelE1000e.kext. from the get go.

But I don't have ethernet again... any chance you could have a look?
Thanks for your help so for. Really appreciated!

Your ioreg shows Ethernet working (en0 with IntelMausiEthernet.kext).

Note: OsxAptioFix2Ddrv-free2000.efi is a mistake. Not even recommended by the person that created it.

Your ioreg shows Ethernet working (en0 with IntelMausiEthernet.kext).

Note: OsxAptioFix2Ddrv-free2000.efi is a mistake. Not even recommended by the person that created it.
Thanks RehabMan,
Could that be screwing with my Ethernet? I did try other guides without it but could never get it to boot on my system.
This is the guide I followed with similar specs
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sierra-10-13-clover-guide-100-working.240052/

What should I be using instead?

Thanks RehabMan,
Could that be screwing with my Ethernet? I did try other guides without it but could never get it to boot on my system.
This is the guide I followed with similar specs
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sierra-10-13-clover-guide-100-working.240052/

What should I be using instead?

You will need to describe in detail what is wrong with Ethernet.
Your ioreg shows the driver loading/starting just fine.

You should experiment with different Aptio "fixes".
Preferred is AptioMemoryFix.efi.
Details in laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

You will need to describe in detail what is wrong with Ethernet.
Your ioreg shows the driver loading/starting just fine.

You should experiment with different Aptio "fixes".
Preferred is AptioMemoryFix.efi.
Details in laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Thanks RehabMan,

I might try following another guide and see where that gets me.
Im still new with all this so it’s hard for me to explain in detail. I’m not sure where to look for the detail.

Sometimes it works when I boot from the USB before post install process and sometimes it doesn’t.
I had it working in a previous post but like I said my Nvidia stopped and I wasn’t sure how to fix that so I started again using the Ethernet kext you mentioned but this time before installing my drivers and it didn’t work.

Thanks RehabMan,

I might try following another guide and see where that gets me.
Im still new with all this so it’s hard for me to explain in detail. I’m not sure where to look for the detail.

Sometimes it works when I boot from the USB before post install process and sometimes it doesn’t.
I had it working in a previous post but like I said my Nvidia stopped and I wasn’t sure how to fix that so I started again using the Ethernet kext you mentioned but this time before installing my drivers and it didn’t work.

You need to be prepared to provide details on "doesn't work".

Thanks RehabMan,

Hey man
I have the exact same hardware as you, only difference is that you have MSI X99S SLI PLUS and I have MSI X99S MPower
But those 2 boards are very similar in many things and they share the same user manual.
I'm running 10.13.4 now without any issues.. Don't use OsxAptioFix2Ddrv-free2000.efi
It will cause allocation error sometimes on startup with no reason.
In KGP's guide, there is a new file he uploaded called, AptioMemoryFix.efi
It works really nicely here. It never caused any allocation errors for me.
I didn't follow KGP's guide because I'm new to hackintosh too..I followed Malki's guide that you used above, the only difference is I used kgp's AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Ddrv-free2000.efi
For the USB problem, I have a cooler master case, with 2 USB 3 ports and 2 USB 2 ports on the front,
They all work here.. But the USB 3 ports can only read USB 2 devices
But other USB 3 ports on the back all work perfectly so it is not big deal for me
Also, don't enable trim on your SSD. In my case it causes OS startup (apple logo loading time) like 3 times slower

Hey man
I have the exact same hardware as you, only difference is that you have MSI X99S SLI PLUS and I have MSI X99S MPower
But those 2 boards are very similar in many things and they share the same user manual.
I'm running 10.13.4 now without any issues.. Don't use OsxAptioFix2Ddrv-free2000.efi
It will cause allocation error sometimes on startup with no reason.
In KGP's guide, there is a new file he uploaded called, AptioMemoryFix.efi
It works really nicely here. It never caused any allocation errors for me.
I didn't follow KGP's guide because I'm new to hackintosh too..I followed Malki's guide that you used above, the only difference is I used kgp's AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Ddrv-free2000.efi
For the USB problem, I have a cooler master case, with 2 USB 3 ports and 2 USB 2 ports on the front,
They all work here.. But the USB 3 ports can only read USB 2 devices
But other USB 3 ports on the back all work perfectly so it is not big deal for me
Also, don't enable trim on your SSD. In my case it causes OS startup (apple logo loading time) like 3 times slower

Thanks so much for your reply MuhammedHamed! I'll give that a go.
Are you running your system as a Mac Pro or the iMac?

Also would it be possible for you to share your plist and a screen grab or your Clover drivers?

Cheers

There you go
And for Bios settings, load optimized defaults. No need to change anything
If you have OC, I recommend you set it to all cores not dynamic mode. This will make sure all your cores run at your max frequency all the time.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back