CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 970 4 GB SSC
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, so a couple years ago I made my first Hackintosh. I decided to run El Capitan and Windows 10. After the typical trial and error, I got it up and running. However, I didn't need to use my OSX partition for a while and can no longer find my boot USB. Of course, now I need to access it and so I'm asking for help. So far, I've installed Clover onto a new USB (FAT32); I manually selected to boot from the USB, and I saw all my drives in Clover. However, selecting my El Capitan drive resulted in this error: "unable to find driver for this platform".

I think the only other relevant info is that I have Windows 10 and El Capitan on separate SSDs. Technically, I could just do a reinstall without it affecting my windows stuff, right?

your problem is not a buying problem

I'm not sure what you mean. I don't think I need to buy anything.

I'm with you, LiveTVGuy890... no clue what he's implying. Perhaps it's a Google translation problem....

But for the OP:
It sounds like you never had the internal HD working as the boot drive before. It's possible to remake the USB boot disk but you'll need access to a Mac. Start here: Create a Clover Test USB Using UniBeast

@LiveTVGuy890, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I'm with you, LiveTVGuy890... no clue what he's implying. Perhaps it's a Google translation problem....

But for the OP:
It sounds like you never had the internal HD working as the boot drive before. It's possible to remake the USB boot disk but you'll need access to a Mac. Start here: Create a Clover Test USB Using UniBeast

Yeah I definitely never added clover directly on the hard drive... sounds like I need to do that. I'm sure there's a guide somewhere.

Thanks,
Larry the Cucumber

So, update is that I ran a fresh install, didn't have much on that drive anyways. I used Unibest and was about to download the alternate Nvidia drivers... but apparently my build doesn't exist on any forums. It's 10.11.6 15G1011

I've searched around and can't find any mention of this build. Did I do something wrong somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back