Contribute
Register

Loss of HDMI signal at login (Yosemite) using NVIDIA drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus z97m-plus
CPU
i7 4790 (3.6 GHz)
Graphics
GeForce GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My build is as follows:

ASUS Z97M-Plus mobo

i7 4790 processor (3.6 GHz)
ASUS GeForce GTX 750 Ti graphics
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB Memory

My issue is that the HDMI output signal (video) drops out immediately before the login screen under Yosemite 10.10.2 when using the NVIDIA drivers through the dedicated GPU. The Apple default drivers are insufficient as they produce shoddy graphic smearing and major response delay, yet everything is peachy keen using the NVIDIA drivers through VGA. I get perfect video and sound through HDMI in Ubuntu on the same setup, so I know the problem lies in OS X, and perhaps specifically Yosemite, as I have read elsewhere that this has happened to others upon updating from Mavericks.

I'm somewhat at a loss to solve this short of some magic Apple update that will resolve the matter. Is there something else I could try? I thought perhaps a change in system definition might resolve it since HDMI outputs on Mac Pros are quite recent, but that only brought me trouble!...

All attempts to weigh in are kindly appreciated.

Not an OS X problem, see SUCCESSFUL Yosemite Install with ASUS GTX 750 Ti - but with HDMI not working on NVIDIA Web Drivers 343.01.01f01 or f03

After discovering my problem I read the above thread from front to back, and as I see it nowhere is the cause of the issue determined. I concluded the problem was with OS X because of misleading comments I had read in other forums and the fact that it worked fine using Ubuntu on the exact same setup with the exact same driver. But I suppose you could say the problem is related to an incompatibility with Hackintosh OS X within the ASUS bios....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back