Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Had little time the last few days so did some sleep testing. Started with a full battery two days ago - indication was 3 hours thirty minutes. Put system to sleep and next day 3 hours left. Immediately put it to sleep again and next day 2 hours 35 left.

Looks like I lose 30 minutes for every 24hrs sleep so shutting down if not needed might be better for me, unless others have better performance here and I am doing something wrong? Is this what I should expect or is there more tweaking possible? For a cheap machine this doesn't worry me but if there is a way to increase this I won't turn it down either, While sleeping all I see is blinking power button.

Standard battery on i3, after two days 67% left if I switch to percentage.

I found a tool called deep sleep which forces hibernate like sleep, haven't tested yet as I'm unsure what it does on a mackintosh. Tried it ut it gives an error on resume:incorrect image signature. Googled it and seems more people have this, haven't found a solution yet.

try to enable all C2/3/4 stakes in your CPU, see what happens, you can use Champlist

Attachments

• 2012-03-31 10.04.21 am.png
    2012-03-31 10.04.21 am.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 268
Thanks will try. What should I then look for, less battery loss when performing the same?
Champlist has an error so repairing permissions first in disk utility.

update: still get the error after permissions fix. However enabled all states you listed, saved, rebooted and if I start champ list they are now checked. Pretty much a noob so not sure if this means it is now enabled but will see tomorrow what battery decline is.

glengoyne17 said:
Thanks will try. What should I then look for, less battery loss when performing the same?
Champlist has an error so repairing permissions first in disk utility.

update: still get the error after permissions fix. However enabled all states you listed, saved, rebooted and if I start champ list they are now checked. Pretty much a noob so not sure if this means it is now enabled but will see tomorrow what battery decline is.

weird, i have never encountered an error in Champlist (post what does the error say), but if they are checked they should be enabled, look at battery loss while in sleep.

Champlist says: Boot cannot be read! It may be damaged or has root:wheel permissions

when deep sleeping after resuming I see bios, tomato and then in top left corner:
Header read stage 200
incorrect image signature

I searched for the last and found references to boot loader.

Download and install latest chameleon using champlist (gear icon in title bar).

install option is greyed out. at the top I see LION as default partition. I can change that to EFI:WDC WC3200 which I think is same drive but if I select that I get " This EFI is not formatted" and I don't think I wanna do that.

Why do you think that this "behavior" is not normal?
A machine at sleep needs power to stay like this.

I would suggest to test it with windows in order to get an idea about it.

Yes, but we are talking for 24 hours. And is loosing the 1/7 of the total Battery capacity. So if battery's capacity is 4400 mah the 1/7 is 628mah for 24 hours. Which means 26mah per hour which looks quite normal to me.
I do not know the consumption of this machine by staying asleep but if we find it we can compare it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back