i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, parts are in my signature. Everything has worked fine up until I tried rebooting from the internal drive after running multibeast. I reboot, it selects the newly installed internal drive, apple logo, progress bar almost completes and video cuts.

I am using the onboard graphics, hdmi out, to a samsung big screen.

Any ideas are most appreciated!

Thanks!

I’ve attempted several fixes like https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-clover-update-r4586-disables-os-boot-black-screen.256050/

And no luck.

I unchecked ‘install nvidia...’ in the clover boot and this gets me to the login screen but, my USB ports do not work so, I can’ sign in.

I’ve started from scratch a few times just to make sure it’s not a fluke. I also installed a Samsung NVO m.2 drive and started from scratch, no change.

Whatever multibeast is doing/ changing, is the cause. I just can’t figure out what exactly it’s doing. Isn’t MB supposed to help load the drivers?

I’ve ordered a gtx 1080 card to see if maybe it’s the igu.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
I unchecked ‘install nvidia...’ in the clover boot and this gets me to the login screen but, my USB ports do not work so, I can’ sign in.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-300-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch for 10.13.4+ to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.
May need PMHeart’s patch for 10.13.6 to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.

May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-300-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch for 10.13.4+ to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.
May need PMHeart’s patch for 10.13.6 to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.

Thank you, BreBo. I did use the USBinjectall.kext to no avail. I will try the others you mentioned and report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back