AMD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have this TP-Link WDN4800 PCIe card since yesterday, and it is working very nicely. The only major drawback is that I loose the wifi connection after I wake Lion from sleep. It does not seem to find any networks at all.

The only thing that helps is rebooting the system. Disable/Enable or remove/add the device in NetPrefs does not seem to work.

Some people on the official Apple forums report problems with Filevault, but I have never used it, or activated it, so that could not be the problem.

I am running 10.7.4 with a patched AppleRTC.kext and using the Lnx2mac drivers in version 0.0.9 for my ethernet (to make the appstore.app work).

Maybe someone can help find a solution.

Same problem here using TP-Link TL-WDN4800 with 10.8.1 ML and Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H. WiFi is fine until the system sleeps. Waking requires a manual reconnect. I promise I'm searching the Forums but finding no answers. Others out there?

Other than wifi, my new system is flawless! Many thanks to this site and this community!!

Hi,

I have changed my system, which btw, works like a charm. Thanks to samisnake and the wonders of Bios-hacking. But the problem still remains.

After waking the machine from sleep, the TP-Link4800 sees all my networks but times out when I try to connect. So I alwys have to reboot to make it work again.

I would add the device ids to test that out, but I dont know where to find them.

It seems to work for a lot of people though... strange problem.

I had a similar problem with this card even tho the only thing that sleeps is my monitor but this setting seems to have corrected for me...

click Wifi, then advanced. Click TCP/IP and change Configure IPv6 to Link-local only

I've got a similar problem after booting: I have to select my wifi network manually each time, instead of ML selecting the right network by itself... not a very big issue, but any suggestions are welcome! :)

I had a similar problem with this card even tho the only thing that sleeps is my monitor but this setting seems to have corrected for me...

click Wifi, then advanced. Click TCP/IP and change Configure IPv6 to Link-local only

I will try that. Thanks. :)

Had been having exactly the same issue- either not connecting or really weak connection after waking from sleep- colorfuel's tip worked for me as well... Connects instantly now with a strong connection. Thanks so much to this forum, this was one of the last little issues I wanted to tweak. btw- this fix is working for me using a tp-link wdn4800 with 10.8.3- UD5H Mobo, i7k etc...

THANKS COLORFUEL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back