1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. Apple
  3. Lisa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello folks. I've installed a few machine successfully and it's getting easier each time.

I've just finished installing a new machine and immediately after the installation, on the first boot I get the Welcome Screen (with all the languages), and it keeps looping on that video. Never gets to the next level.

Any hints? Thanks.

lightninhopkins said:
Hello folks. I've installed a few machine successfully and it's getting easier each time.

I've just finished installing a new machine and immediately after the installation, on the first boot I get the Welcome Screen (with all the languages), and it keeps looping on that video. Never gets to the next level.

Any hints? Thanks.
What are the system specifications?

This one is a crazy machine. It's a dual socket quad core Nehalem 2.93GHz, 24GB RAM, standard SATA drive, with an nvidia Quadro FX 5800. I'm 100% sure that the video card is NOT supported in mac and I'll change it after lunch, but the same thing happened with other machines with supported nvidia 1700 cards.

Even on machines that I finally got working perfectly, I had that welcome loop, but I can't recall what got rid of it last time.

BTW, the install was fast as hell.

ha, it was the stupid video card. I was just too lazy to replace it when I started the install since the machine was already made.

At least it's a good accidental lesson. Quadro FX 5800 will cause welcome screen to loop.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back