Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Loop on printing information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks !

My Samsung drive is 32GB, I just created a new installer using a 16GB Sandisk. If still not working, I will try to get a USB C drive or an adapter.

Okay.

If the state of play is still the same EFI you included in your original post then it *is* still a USB issue. (The Log confirms the problem).

You should disable the XhciPortLimit Quirk. This does not work since Big Sur.

:)

@UtterDisbelief @CaseySJ I tried with the USBInjectAll.kext version 0.7.7. also tried with/without XhciPortLimit.
Still shows the same error.

Yes. The SanDisk drive does have a LED light. It flashes when the computer reads files inside the drive. I can see the light disappeared when stuck at the error.

When I pulled the flash drive directly, the screen still shows the same error message with the forbidden icon.

Next, I connected 3 in 1 cable to the same USB A port, another side was connected to an android phone, and it can charge the phone.

When I use the same cable connected to an iPhone, it does not charge.

Couple questions:
  • What is the make/model of your USB flash disk? I’m assuming it’s a USB 3.x disk. If you have a USB 2 hub (kind of rare these days) you could try connecting the USB 3 flash disk through the USB 2 dock.
  • Do you have a link to the computer or the motherboard? Preferably something that shows a photo of the board and its rear IO panel.

I have a USB c hub, which provides USB 2.0 ports, I can try that.

Here is the rear panel photo of the b560-g:

Here is the spec link for the motherboard:

I have a USB c hub, which provides USB 2.0 ports, I can try that.

Here is the rear panel photo of the b560-g:

Here is the spec link for the motherboard:

A "hub" is not a good way to boot, sorry.

Looking at a photo of the back-panel of your motherboard, have you tried the USB2 port labelled as "BIOS" to the right of the HDMI port? That is a port that will be live from the get-go.

Re-reading your first post it seems as though ASUS may have implemented a special BIOS for your motherboard if you are unable to update it using the vanilla one. Curious.

Okay, moving on ...

Going back the original EFI you uploaded. I don't know if you have modified it since but:

1) Why that particular Fake CPU ID? This isn't an Alder Lake build, is it? Perhaps go Coffee Lake for compatibility. I don't think the spoof you are using is going to work on the hardware in question.

More suggestions -

2) Disable the XhciPortLimit quirk.

3) Disable USBInjectAll.kext (temporary for testing).

4) Disable XHCI-unsupported.kext.

5) If you are using the RX 6600 GPU then do not use the two command-lines: -wegnoegpu -no_compat_check. The wegno* command would only be used if you still have the GTX 3080 in place BUT as your CPU does not have an iGPU then there is no way for any accelerated display output once macOS starts.

A "hub" is not a good way to boot, sorry.

Looking at a photo of the back-panel of your motherboard, have you tried the USB2 port labelled as "BIOS" to the right of the HDMI port? That is a port that will be live from the get-go.

Re-reading your first post it seems as though ASUS may have implemented a special BIOS for your motherboard if you are unable to update it using the vanilla one. Curious.

Okay, moving on ...

Going back the original EFI you uploaded. I don't know if you have modified it since but:

1) Why that particular Fake CPU ID? This isn't an Alder Lake build, is it? Perhaps go Coffee Lake for compatibility. I don't think the spoof you are using is going to work on the hardware in question.

More suggestions -

2) Disable the XhciPortLimit quirk.

3) Disable USBInjectAll.kext (temporary for testing).

4) Disable XHCI-unsupported.kext.

5) If you are using the RX 6600 GPU then do not use the two command-lines: -wegnoegpu -no_compat_check. The wegno* command would only be used if you still have the GTX 3080 in place BUT as your CPU does not have an iGPU then there is no way for any accelerated display output once macOS starts.

I just changed CPUID to Coffee lake.

Also tried disabling the XhciPortLimit quirk, USBInjectAll.kext, XHCI-unsupported.kext. and removed those boot args.

Still got the same error.

@CaseySJ @UtterDisbelief Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!

I just changed CPUID to Coffee lake.

Also tried disabling the XhciPortLimit quirk, USBInjectAll.kext, XHCI-unsupported.kext. and removed those boot args.

Still got the same error.

@CaseySJ @UtterDisbelief Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!

Then there's something we're not being told, or have no inkling of from what you've told us.

For background, I recently did a build on a B560 chipset motherboard and although these are not easy chipsets to work with by any standards, I didn't have your problems at this initial stage of the build.

The only difference was I used a Comet Lake CPU which Apple themselves have used. With 11th Gen CPUs there are further issues. One of the main ones is the Intel Iris Xe iGPU, but as noted your "KF" series CPU does not have one anyway.

Check out @Leesureone 's Z590 11th gen build here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...1700k-rocket-lake-6800-xt.315846/post-2275822

Then there's something we're not being told, or have no inkling of from what you've told us.

For background, I recently did a build on a B560 chipset motherboard and although these are not easy chipsets to work with by any standards, I didn't have your problems at this initial stage of the build.

The only difference was I used a Comet Lake CPU which Apple themselves have used. With 11th Gen CPUs there are further issues. One of the main ones is the Intel Iris Xe iGPU, but as noted your "KF" series CPU does not have one anyway.

Check out @Leesureone 's Z590 11th gen build here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...1700k-rocket-lake-6800-xt.315846/post-2275822

@CaseySJ @UtterDisbelief thanks very much!

I used this EFI, and made modifications, it works now.
But the language is not right.

Looks like the keyboard is not working

----Update 1
Now changed the language to English now by connecting a wired mouse, Logitech unify mouse is not working (use mouse choose the third menu on the top left of the screen, the Apple logo is the first menu).

But the screen shows that I need to pair a Bluetooth keyboard.

----Update 2
Tested two wired keyboards, one of them can be connected to the system with the keyboard light on.
However, the system still shows it needs to pair a Bluetooth keyboard.
fixed this by enabling XHCI hand-off in bios, keyboard and mouse will be available.

Attachments

• 1921652025095_.pic.jpg
    1921652025095_.pic.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
thanks very much!

I used this efi, and made modifications, it works now.
But the language is not right .

looks like the keyboard is not wokring

----Update
Now changed the language to english now by connecting a wired mouse (logitech unify mouse is not working).

I'm away from my PC at the moment, but do a site search on defaulting to Russian language. It's a common problem and easily sorted. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back